HOOS No. 5 in the lates AP Poll

Just wanted to say Im so proud of our guys. Cant believe we are number 5 in the latest poll just released after losing so much talent from our team last year. Not sure we are actually the number 5 team in the country…but I will take it. Our guys certainly have picked up on the defense without missing a beat…Could be one of the best defenses of all time the way things have been going…but more test to come soon in the form of ACC competition…To be top 5…you’ve got to be shooting better then we are…Going to get tested this week with Purdue and UNC…

5 Likes

Awesome nice to be able to put that on the resume for the boys. Real test kick off this week. Need to get healthy in a hurry.

3 Likes

Any word on how Braxton is doing?

3 Likes

I have not heard anything. Someone else started a thread on this, and they may be more “in the know” than myself. Here is the link for the thread on Braxtons Injury. Braxton Wrist injured?

1 Like

@HoozGotNext seems to also have some inside info on issues like these…

1 Like

We’ll get an update tmrw on our podcast with the coaches.

I’ll be sure to post it here!

3 Likes

I really don’t know anything other than what’s already out there. As long as he gets the thumb up from docs, he’ll Kihei it.

3 Likes

Plus, Andy Katz put us at a one seed in his latest bracketology prediction! Go Hoos

3 Likes

Williford said on Coach’s Corner that Braxton is out for Wednesday.

6 Likes

Have a look at this graph showing defensive efficiency so far this college season. Kinda clusters uniformly from left to right higher (better D) then look at that wonderful V leaping out of the group at the top around 80. Was part of an Athletic article by Eamonn if anyone reads that.

4 Likes

Love it.

1 Like

Not ideal, but at least Purdue doesn’t have a big wing as a go-to-scorer; their highest usage guys are guards (Proctor) or bigs (Haarms, Williams off the bench). We will miss Braxton’s rebounding, as Purdue hits the offensive glass hard.

2 Likes

Very true. Look out for sophomore pg Eric Hunter also. Averaging 10ppg and 3.7 apg. My preview for tomorrow’s game will likely be posted soon.

2 Likes