Houston Game Thread

ustvgo.tv basically streams all UVa games as long as it’s on tv. Just use that…usually you can find it.

That’s why he only text recruits.

4 Likes

Ha. Totally this. And for some reason media thinks he is worth posting everywhere. Him and that UCLA coach

1 Like

I bought tickets the second we beat Baylor - I had a good feeling about this game. Snagged them for just under $150 for lower level. Feeling quite fortunate right now.

12 Likes

Get loud in there

3 Likes

Jay Willy told me and Mark “good luck getting seats for this one”. Love to hear it!

4 Likes

The ONLY area of disappointment for me this year with our squad has been our inability to knock down FT’s at key points in games to close them out. We MUST do this on Saturday!!

4 Likes

We will. BVP is a big key tomorrow to slow things down on O when necessary. Houston wants fast mayhem

1 Like

I don’t see us winning without Reece. With Reece at 90%? It’s a game. Especially if we get the good version of Sheds.

I fixed your quote

7 Likes

Perfect

People Clap GIF

5 Likes

Willy Hernangomez Basketball GIF by New Orleans Pelicans

2 Likes

Schiffren / Bilas on the call:

3 Likes

I’m trying not to, but I’m talking myself into us being able to win even without Reece.

Kihei has been through tons of huge games…our starting 5 will have 3 5th years, 2 4th years, and a 5th year off the bench. When is the last time Houston played in a hostile environment like JPJ will be tomorrow?

Obviously we want Reece if healthy, but our guys can still do this!

2 Likes

Houston is damn good, but they’ve also had some pretty rough games on offense here and there. We have too. Will have to see which teams show up tomorrow, but wouldn’t shock me if this game is a rock right and somebody grinds out like a 52-49 win.

8 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks our exam layoff is an issue?

Feels like the home court is in our favor, but break (us) v no break (them) and missing or banged up Reece is in their favor.

Some history on our side, with the Nova game at JPJ also after our exam break. Though Nova was off a 6-day break, too, and 12 days from a trip to Pearl Harbor (where they get curb stomped by Oklahoma only to reverse the stomp in that year’s final 4).

2 Likes

Breaks are never good for teams unless you are banged up maybe.

7 Likes

It’s not like we were firing on all cylinders pre-break so I think in addition to being banged up people are optimistic that it’s a reset.

2 Likes

But we are banged up. So maybe it balances out.

Even if we don’t get Reece back, I think it was probably helpful for Shedrick to get a few days of not being elbowed in the face (at least I hope people aren’t smacking him in the face in his everyday non-basketball life).

9 Likes

Hoping that they got Shulman and Schriffen mixed up.

1 Like