Houston Game Thread

2pm Saturday on ESPN 2

13 Likes

Hey, wait a minute, re-open the Free Ticket contest Houston/UVA thread, I think I may have won… Never mind, I already have tickets in the lower bowl for the game! (Hope I don’t regret bragging about that).

4 Likes

I will be landing in England right at tip off time and can’t watch the replay until the day after.

What’s the best way to do that overseas? Probably Hoo TV’s master spreadsheet? Assume Watch ESPN replay won’t work overseas even with a VPN.

2 Likes

#BeekmanWatch

I think so. Streaming for those RSN games can be a maze, but the replays always seemed fairly straightforward.

3 Likes

Successfully deciphering Hoo TV’s instructions to watch the NCCU game live was one of my biggest accomplishments in 2022.

12 Likes

Yeah I shoulda put that on my self-review

3 Likes

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

17 Likes

The youtube algorithm showed me this. Does anyone have Tony’s personal email so that I can send it to him? I think the concepts in the video could be really helpful in getting us the win vs Houston.

I already tried Joy@morning.pillars and it said not valid email. Please someone help.

5 Likes

If Reece can’t play it takes a ton of shine off this game… but it also takes a lot of pressure off (kinda “playing with house money” if we can win without Reece). Which might be good for my hypertension.

9 Likes

This is kinda the way I’m looking at it. I really hope he sits if he’s not :100:. And if he does sit, the youngins get some run and some valuable experience that will pay dividends later this year and next.

4 Likes

I am kind of in this spot myself. A win here would be great for a realistic chance at a 1 seed, but it would be a Q1 loss so no biggie.

7 Likes

It works OCONUS w/ VPN

1 Like

While my niece seems to understand Hoo_TV’s instructions quite well, with me it can be hit or miss. Thankfully, I have discovered that a good VPN goes a long way towards viewing those RSN games which are otherwise “blacked out”! That said, the services Hoo_TV provides to the Cavalier faithful cannot be overvalued. His efforts are something for which we should all be very grateful!

4 Likes
3 Likes

Maybe this will be the game where IMac goes off for 5-7 from 3 and we win hoo knows

9 Likes

I’ll be there BOOM! LFG

3 Likes

Is Kelvin Sampson always this dull and uninteresting? How does this guy recruit? He put me to sleep 10 seconds in…

1 Like

Kadin is gonna be the key to this game. He needs to be physical and work the boards and avoid the stupid fouls to stay on the floor as much as possible. Papi, BVP, and Gardner will be keys as well. The big have to get a body on someone every time a shot goes into the air. Keep the guards from scrambling and chasing loose balls that Houston is batting around.

4 Likes

Try TB@2foulssitdown.uva/edu

5 Likes