How Bennett Almost Beat South Carolina

In all the film I’ve watched of Bennett’s teams, I’m yet to see this set. Has concepts of other offenses, but I’m under the impression that they drew this offense up this week. Great to see the staff adjusting the offensive scheme to fit the players.

9 Likes

This is great stuff. I remember in past years watching that TB and team had amazing out of bounds plays in crucial situations. Havent noticed as much as of late but would be cool if any come to mind for you @brogdonfanpage

3 Likes

Will definitely look into that! Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Specifically remember the OT game in Miami where London almost by himself got the W in a game it didnt seem like we would win

1 Like

Ah yeah I think I know what you’re talking about. He was unconscious that game, had something like 26 points. I remember him hitting a ton of free throws that night. Another that comes to mind, while not directly being an out of bounds play, but against Pitt in 2014 where Brogdon came off a double screen for the game winner. Used Harris, the more lauded shooter, as a perfect decoy there.

Upon re watching part of that game, Brogdon fouled out with roughly 3 minutes to play and the game went to double OT. One out of bounds play for Anderson was particularly crafty. Definitely gonna try and put something together, maybe a Christmas day flashback to better offensive days :rofl:

3 Likes

I found your analysis very insightful. I now have a much better understanding of how UVa came back in the second half and tied the game. That momentum was then killed by a spike in turnovers by UVa and perhaps a shift in defense strategy by SC.

1 Like

They did switch into a zone for a bit there, but we scored a couple of baskets on that to get them out of it. Frankly, what lost us that game was the defense and as you said, the turnovers, but more specifically the live ball turnovers that turned into transition buckets at the other end.

Great stuff!!

1 Like

I’m glad you showed something positive about the game. I noticed a drop off in chatter here and on Twitter. I guess most of us weren’t feeling much like talking after that game. Let’s all hold our head up high. It will get better and we are still the National Champions

3 Likes

Bennett is the best with Out of Bounds plays. The absolute best!

2 Likes