How did you find LRA

Smart man. Put you on the list for father of the year.

I started searching for it when the in-game Sabre chat became mostly just word association exercises “huff! huff gonna jerome! ravioli! tony ravioli!” I am much happier now

5 Likes

I became a non-paying member of theSabre 10 years ago… and the managing editor lived upstairs from me my first year! Our 3rd year… he started this website during one of our computer science classes and said it was to chat UVa sports… we all just laughed at him saying we just talk about UVa sports over beer! We were all dumb… see the old farts thread to see me explain why we were all dumb.

6 Likes

I told Brian? of STL the same thing when we met back in 08ish. I said the independent sports blog wave was dead and there was no money because the corps were done buying up what they wanted… Not the worst business advice I’d give out that year…

1 Like

It was the only UVA board left that didn’t know me well enough to let me post here.

8 Likes

HGN Facebook. And now I don’t have to check Facebook ever, so that is great for me.

5 Likes

My man @HoozGotNext the damn piper for LRA. They better be cutting my cut a check for putting this spot on the map.

4 Likes

19 Likes

You win the thread.

2 Likes

I’ve been here almost from the start,. Since TW popped in my twitter DMs, and I was like who is this and what is LRA. lol Everything goes back to him. He’s so great at the promotional stuff, starting with the live show with TB before the national championship celebration.

Gray Ellington aka Wahoops was a big help at the start with his huge IG following. And Zach Carey was a beast, cranking out quality blogs in volume.

16 Likes

Funniest is when TW called me (we had met before but I didnt make the comnection) He said Cory Alexander didnt have time to do it so Fresh would represent for him. Anyway I thought from the phone TW was a black dude fromCVille from his voice/ accent

I called Cory after “you what is TW’s name?”

Cory “um his name is TW, Fresh”.

And the Legend of TW and LRA began

7 Likes

I remember the HGN announcement on FB, but can’t remember if I found or started reading the board because of that or something else. Loved the podcasts with former players though. Great content.

3 Likes

Yeah I remember thinking HGN was going to be posting less frequently on Facebook and Twitter but more often on this new platform. Made the decision to come to LRA very easy.

6 Likes

Kismet - It found me. And it’s been love ever since.

3 Likes

I was and am a Follower of gospel of HGN. Which pretty much means my story is not unique in any way, but I still posted it bc I want HGN to get all the props, flowers, roses, kudos, and whatever else the kids are handing out these days. It is richly deserved.

7 Likes

Well @VA2SeaHoo just became my new best LRA friend. Sorry @Hoosthechamp we had a good run.

8 Likes

The same way as many did, Hooz Got Next and his amazing work, specifically on twiiter.

5 Likes

It had to have been the live event before the national championship ceremony… But I can’t recall where I found out about it so I’m just going to default to HGN on twitter.

Edit/add: What definitely cemented it a couple years later was meeting some of the LRA crew in person prior to the first game of the Jersey tournament last season. Mark, TW, and Doug. Dudes were so down to earth and nice (and funny).

3 Likes

Im Ready Jim Carrey GIF

3 Likes

COVID. Followed HGN on twitter for ages (and that was without even having a twitter account for many of those years lol). Think I hopped in right at the beginning of the Trevor Keels recruitment. Was thankful for the community that follows recruiting. I was no longer alone in my misery of watching Jahvon Quinerly “Jelly fam” videos and no one else knowing what that meant (my hoos group is more football/baseball/basketball during the season but everything else they get through the wahoops instagram page).

4 Likes