If Reece cannot go

Took a screen capture for you… based on the comments… this did not happen recently however…

3 Likes

Darn good catch @jazznutUVA

@kodie @itsbhanusharma

It used to be that when you posted the instagram link it would show the actual content on the thread here (like with hudl and youtube links) but then it stopped like a year back. Is there any way to go back? Ive just been screenshoting the photos when its a recruit on an official visit.

2 Likes

@Hooandtrue This was actually a decision by Facebook that caused this…

On the 24th of October 2021, the unauthenticated oEmbed API from Facebook and Instagram will stop working. They will require authentication to fetch oEmbed objects.

In order for this to work again on LRA (Discourse as the underlying platform), the admins here will have to complete an App Review w/ Facebook:

The oEmbed product has been replaced with the oEmbed Read feature. If you implemented the oEmbed product before June 8, 2021, you have until September 7, 2021 to complete App Review for the oEmbed Read feature. If you have not been approved for the oEmbed Read feature by September 7, 2021, your oEmbed implementations will fail to load.

Once approved and a token is generated…

1. Add Product oEmbed to your app
  2. Under Settings - Advanced, find the Client Token
  3. And finally combine in a your App ID numbers and the token and ad a pipe | character in between: 12324323|asdasdasdasd ← That is what you need put to the Discourse setting.

Then I was reading in the Discourse user group that if there is not an Instagram post at least every 60 days… the token expires and the process has to start again.

1 Like

A lot of big words there but it sounds like you nailed whatever is causing the change right on the money.

Also this site doesn’t need to worry about there not being an instagram post for 60 days LMAO

2 Likes

I joined the Discourse developers’ group right after I joined the forum a few years ago… I really like this platform, so I started delving into its underlying capabilities.

You DM @HoozGotNext about recruiting… I’ve DMed him in the past to alert him of some neat features an admin has in Discourse… :smiley:

4 Likes

Michigan forum uses same structure. I noticed the tabs on the side.

I like the general recruiting thread. But having a tabbed thread for each offered kid would also be more organized.

2 Likes

That would be an easy category add if the admins wanted to implement it.

May the Kihad continue eternally, inshallah.

4 Likes

Whats M’s site called?

1 Like

Looks a lot like LRA, huh?

1 Like

Back to if Reece can’t go. I think, given the opponent, might make sense to start BVP or Dunn over iMac.

1 Like

I’m cool with Reece and Kihei pairing on the floor but damn can’t Reece have the keys to one thread?

2 Likes

I bet Kihei runs the show on the UofM site as well. All time thread GOAT.

2 Likes

It uses the same back-end forum software as LRA…

3 Likes

This software is awesome a genuinely does promote better community and conversation.

3 Likes

https://richmond.com/sports/college/no-2-virginia-may-lean-on-freshmen-in-big-time-matchup-with-no-5-houston/article_f56f97b4-53f1-5867-b74a-0b6ef61557ee.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Richmond_Times-Dispatch

3 Likes