If Reece cannot go

If Kihei leads this team to a victory over 5th ranked Houston he will go down in UVA folklore forever …

2 Likes

He will still be called “turnover prone” by some for his 2/3 turnovers, and they will wonder whether we would instantly improve if we just replaced him with McKneely.

1 Like

I think he probably already did that a while ago

5 Likes

Yeah I mean how much more does this guy have to do?

4 Likes

I think there are many less naysayers out there today than a month ago. Now, if he is forced to take over the next couple of games, that could change.

Ultimately, he will be recognized for his achievements during his decade here.

11 Likes

In my view, Kihei Clark is both saint and sinner, however there are many among UVa’s fan base who want to focus on only one, or the other, aspect of that dichotomy. What seems to go unsaid is that he is not the same player he was two or three years ago. He has steadily improved throughout his career at Virginia. He is still capable of absolutely brilliant plays as well as mind-boggling blunders, but now the former are far more common than the latter. There are still some vestiges of his bad habits, but he also makes winning plays. Regardless, the most important thing to remember is that he is a valued member of the University of Virginia’s community and always will be. For that, he should be embraced.

11 Likes

Kihei is my dude, I often joke about how much I embrace him on here simply because the hate against him is so outsized IMO. Agee with @73CAV Kihei has developed his game during his time at Virginia and the Hoos are better for it. What he did to steady the ship from 19/20-this year was not an easy task. There’s more to it than simply turning the keys over to a 1st year Reece who was not ready, and before that there wasn’t anyone. He honestly played on some bad teams during that stretch. Is he an all-timer? No but he is and should go down as one HellUVA college player. There’s a reason he’s started for 5 years under CTB and every ACC mentions him when they talk Virginia basketball. Give the man his credit, everything we often claim to want a college kid to do he’s done on the biggest stages and at the highest levels. There’s something to be said for that.

12 Likes

I think the fact that no one is debating Kihei’s minutes this year lays to rest all past and present Kihei debates.

Let us rejoice and be done with this topic.

11 Likes

Trying to just end the Kihei wars

Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

9 Likes

LRA: Let’s be done with the Kihei discourse

Kihei discourse: …

Im Back Wake Up GIF

6 Likes

I hope they hang Kihei’s jersey on his senior night. I mean he’s gonna have 2 senior nights! That alone is an accomplishment.
No No No GIF

7 Likes

In the preseason I thought hanging Kihei’s jersey was crazy talk. If he keeps up his play all year and this team makes a Final Four he’ll have a legitimate case for it. Probably won’t be immediately like Brogdon but could see it happening.

5 Likes

Speaking of hanging jerseys, can someone explain why Joe Harris hasn’t been retired yet? He is the face of the program turnaround, played 4 years and graduated, great stats, successful NBA career.

(Sorry if this is too off topic, but hopefully it’s a little better than Kihei wars. Feel free to delete or move)

1 Like

Never thought about that but great question. Was Joe an All Anerican then? Not sure UVa’s requirements…

2 Likes

nah, his case is one where the impact is > the actual stats/awards. He was 1st team all-ACC his 3rd year (when we missed the NCAAT) but then moved down to 3rd team his 4th year, which was really due to him taking a reduced scoring role on the first ACC championship team under tony. he was ACCT MVP that year, though.

as far as i can see, no all-american level recognition.

5 Likes

It’s worth recalling that Othell Wilson started in two Final Fours, and his jersey hasn’t been retired. I would also argue that it was his injury in the ACCT in ‘82 which kept Virginia from playing in a third during his time. Just sayin’.

9 Likes

Reece standing on two legs. No boot in sight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmJ_3jipVuK/

1 Like

Don’t need a boot for a hammy.

6 Likes

Just get a blank screen at the link. Hate instagram. :triumph:

2 Likes

I downloaded the Gram mainly because of @Hooandtrue so I can watch the stuff he stalks… I mean he sends

4 Likes