Igor Milicic Commits to Virginia

20 Likes

FINALLY SOMETHING HAPPENS!!!

6 Likes

Given the number of times Tony mentioned how last year’s team lacked physicality, I can’t imagine him not wanting to add one more big guard or wing. Gardner and Papi can’t be the only physical presence on the team.

2 Likes

Instead of “Isaac”-squared, can we go for “I”-cubed?

3 Likes

I agree. This is a great pickup but I think Tony is looking for either an overall athletic 4, another athletic 3 who can guard a 4, or the last option would be another serviceable 5.

1 Like

I wonder what happened to that Gonzaga big from Mali, who was trying to rip off Mamadi-Mamadoo’s hairstyle? He is 7 foot with a 7’6 wing span…does anyone know Jay Huffs wingspan?

Going to Arizona.

1 Like

Yeah, an athletic defensive 4/5 and a starter-grade 3 and D 3 are the ideal remaining pickups but I’m doubtful we’ll get the 3.

1 Like

What other schools was Igor considering?

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure CTB thinks Igor can play minutes next year at the 3. This is probably your 3 and D pickup, tbh.

4 Likes
10 Likes

I love that his final schools were Virginia, Georgia Tech, Utah, and Santa Barbara. Talk about geographic, cultural, academic, and weather diversity. He had some very distinct options on that final list!

8 Likes

No kidding. Traditional college town, urban campus, the mountains and the beach.

5 Likes

It is incredible but once you are on the plane whats the difference

4 Likes

Igor Interview:

5 Likes

Good interview. And like that he is confident in himself. Also like that he says he chose Tony because he’s a coach he feels he can trust. Feel like that says a lot coming from a coach’s son (not that we didn’t know Tony was great - but like to hear that from recruits)

8 Likes

Eamonn Brennan with a really nice piece on Zay and Igor. You need a sub to access it, but it’s a fun read.

9 Likes

Interesting nugget in there is that Millicic may be joining the team at the end of the summer, which would be a bit earlier than the October that I’ve seen suggested

3 Likes

He was always expected to join in august. In the largely post Covid educational world, he does need to be there for school after all…

2 Likes