Injuries and assorted ailments

Thought I would bring it over here as a place to discuss ailments…
Someone had asked for an update on my taping of foot for plantar fasciitis….
I added a strip right before bed for extra support all night … I woke up and it was really stiff for first 10 minutes but then a lot less pain than before …. So a small
Win… I do want to order that thing that the international Hoo suggested for arch support…. The good thing about taping is I can do it with any shoes anywhere.

2 Likes

jazznutUVAVIP

16h

I have issues with my left more than right… but I wear both most of the time.

I also have two sets of Oofos that I wear a lot as well… after runs and after my soccer games. They are just as good as the Copper Fit inserts…

BDragonVIP

14h

Man I wish I knew about those a few years ago. I spent way too much for insoles when i had plantar faciitis. But they did do the trick.

@DavetheWave you taping with traditional or a KT tape?

blguthrieVIP

14h

KT tape is the way to go. My daughter pulled her hammy junior year playing lacrosse and it was a life saver (with stem treatment).

BDragonVIP

14h

I never had success with KT tape. Always thought it was a gimmick. But I’ve never used it for a true muscle injury. I’ve had my back and knee strapped a few times but didn’t like it.

zh00sVIP

DavetheWave

14h

Gotta get supportive shoes to wear around the house at all times. Clutch.

Gettin’ hype for tomorrow with foot ailment talk letsssss goooo

1 Like

Pro move. Dont wear shoes whenever possible

I have a pair of the classic Oofos… I wear these after my football games & practices as well as for shower shoes…

I also have a pair of the close-toed clog… put socks on and wear these out an about and it doesn’t look weird that you are wearing sandals… when I go on errands around town I wear these instead of standard shoes…

I wear the Copper Fit inserts when I have to wear regular shoes and when I’m doing my Air Force Reserve duty and have to wear combat boots…

I use both KT and regular athletic tape for different reasons for my football practices and games… for my feet I normally use the regular athletic tape… in my opinion the KT stretch on the arch doesn’t do as much as a good lengthwise strip w/ two strapping width pieces… now to caveat, I’m also including an ankle strap w/ prewrap to avoid ankle rolling as well.

I use the KT tape for knee, back and hamstring… but would prefer a good compression sleeve instead of KT any day if it works out.

EDIT: Whether you are a fan of Tom Brady or not… you have to be in awe of him playing at his age… my athletic/KT tape usage has grown as I’ve gotten older… I can’t even imagine how much tape Tom Brady has on his body every Sunday… he may keep a company in business.

1 Like

Yea I love to hate on TB but I’m 39 and my body is a shell of what it was thanks to wear and tear not sure how he does it outside of the PEDs.

@DavetheWave are you on a stretching routine for your calves? When I had PF that was the gamechanger. Entered Summer Camp and 3 a day trainings with warm upsn cool downs. That’s when I finally moved beyond the need fot tape etc.

1 Like

Dragon is right. Calves and the Achilles are inextricably linked to PF.

1 Like

Not consistent enough - need to ramp that up

1 Like

6-minutes pre-strech… 6-minute post-stretch

1 Like

Get in that stretching it’ll do more for your PF than any taping.

1 Like

And part of that stretching regime is at night. Everything tightens up at night because your foot is extended while you sleep—especially if you sleep on your back.

I haven’t had to use the splint since I got my PF under control, but wearing it for about a month made a huge difference.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083FBWN74/ref=syn_sd_onsite_desktop_250?ie=UTF8&psc=1&pd_rd_plhdr=t

2 Likes

Had a teammate who used that and swore by it

1 Like

I’ve been running for about a year now, and just a few days ago I started developing plantar fascitis (right arch). My wife had really bad PF for years so I know I definitely want to nip this in the bud… but I’d prefer to not have to stop running. I reviewed all the replies in the thread above, but any recommendations would be welcome. Should I head straight to the Good Feet Store (Kihei says yes)? What stretches should I do and when? Or whatever other advice you got.

3 Likes

Go see our guy Jon Cotton at GFS for sure. The guy is awesome

4 Likes

Have you looked into carbon fiber inserts? Kept me running… and playing soccer…

I have the VKTRY ones. One set of Gold insoles for my soccer shoes and one set of Silver insoles for my running shoes.

1 Like
4 Likes

Glad he’s back. Charlotte will go on a run now

5 Likes

I have a renewed sense of empathy for those who struggle with chronic pain … been struggling for 9-10 days with a neck vertebrae issue that’s causing pain to radiate throughout my neck and shoulder blade areas … been making me very grumpy … including being grumpy on here after the Hoos playing poorly lately even while winning …
Reminding myself how spoiled I am to have Coach Bennett at the helm of Hoo basketball… also how much fun all y’all are!

11 Likes

Sorry to hear it. Hope it resolves quickly.

Nothing like being sick or hurt to make you appreciate the blessing of good health.

4 Likes