⛹ Isaac McKneely Official Thread

8 Likes

A little taste of what we will see more of this year with IMac. Make sure you watch the OT period.

9 Likes

I will forever be mad about that uncalled goaltending at the end of regulation. Would have been such an epic moment

But yeah Isaac went terminator mode in OT so it was a win win

4 Likes

Yeah, but we’re gonna win em all in regulation

1 Like

McKneely is one of the biggest factors in determining our ceiling. If he can be a playmaker (I think he can, just needs to be pushed) then the Hoos will be dangerous. Need at least two in the back court to go deep

5 Likes
4 Likes

On DBR today…

5 Likes

“Hello again boys and girls. When I need three points fast, I get them speedy delivery, from Mr. McKneely.” -Fred Rogers. Maybe.

8 Likes

Since there is a lot of draft chatter about other dudes …

What do we think of iMac’s eventual draft prospects? Not necessarily this year, but down the line.

6’4 is definitely a limitation. If he was 6’6 he’d be in a much better place.

He is bigger and more physical than Kyle Guy, but can’t get his shot off as quick and isn’t as crafty in tight space. Also has fewer abilities to penetrate and dish, an underrated part of Guy’s game.

What would need to happen for iMac to get drafted? Is it feasible?

2 Likes

Tyler Hero was a lottery pick. IDK if IMac gets there, but with his current shooting #s, the ceiling is the roof. I also could see IMac being a guy who rises a ton during the draft process. He has not gotten to show him athleticism yet, but he can jump with the best of them. The big thing is he will need to have his handle take the next step his third year and continue generally improving on defense

2 Likes

Since we switched offenses, Isaac is averaging 18 PPG while shooting 57% from the field and 60% from 3. On 7.66 3PA per game. Needless to say, if he maintains that pace he’ll be a 1st round pick this year.

Question is, once he cools off a bit, what’s his level? His first five games he averaged 9.8PPG shooting 39.5% from the field and 55% from 3. On 4 3PA per game. Hard to say where in the middle he settles in given the hot streak coincided with a switch in scheme. Expect the 3% will fall to somewhere in the 40’s because no one really shoots 50%+ over the course of the season. But can he keep it in the mid to high 40’s while maintaining his recent volume? Especially with this weak class, the difference between not being on boards and being a 1st rounder might be smaller than people think

3 Likes

A couple of observations about iMac:

1. HIs most impressive shot last night was the two-point jumper on the baseline where he elevated. THAT was Kyle Guy-like.

2. No, he isn’t as quick to get his shot off as Guy, but he’s pretty damn quick. He’s shooting on the rise so it may look slow but he’s really getting it off pretty fast.

3. This is more about Rohde - last year we all questioned a bit about iMac’s change in form. We now see what he was working on and the results are very impressive. Rohde is working on the same sort of adjustment to his shot (he’s thinking about it). He may not be as good a shooter as iMac (and then, there are only 10-15 guys maybe in CBB that can shoot like that), but his shot will be better for it and by next year he will be a terror as well.

4. I never thought Sam H. could stick in the league. Yeah, iMac isn’t 6’8", but if he’s an “adequate” defender, he’s got an elite skill and will find a place on an NBA roster.

7 Likes

I think we have to find a way to reduce IMacs minutes to around 26-28 allowing him to move harder while he is on the floor.

Eli + Dunn + Groves?

1 Like

Lots more of Reece with Taine and Eli and Groves

1 Like