Isaac Traudt Enters The Portal

How’s he going to respond to a coach like McDermott?.. that guy gets on his players.

Not our problem anymore. He’s made his choice(s). Good luck to him.

6 Likes

Disappointing but we’ve won alot of games the last 10 years without one minute played by IT.

Wanted to keep him but only if he wanted to be here. I’ll only be pissed if he picks somewhere more than a couple of hours from home.

4 Likes

And the window is shut. Wonder what ripple effects this will cause?

Find myself feeling for McKneeley too. Put a ton of time and effort into getting him here too.

13 Likes

It’s wild to see these proclamations without even knowing who we will add or without seeing Traudt playing a single game.

5 Likes

What a giant mess of a situation by all of those involved.

A few thoughts:

• Stop redshirting Top 100 players. You can say that Traudt would have transferred anyway but at least we would have hit a few more threes this year.

• Narrative that “You won’t play at Virginia” is as strong as ever. Recruiting will continue to be tough sledding.

• Tony may stick his head back in his shell. He really pressured Traudt in this recruitment to get him to commit. Will we see that approach again?

• Let’s get ready to hear the same debates for the next 6 months. Buckle up it’s about to be redundant!!

17 Likes

I read it as “The window is shut…on retaining Traudt” for what it’s worth. That ain’t that wild if that’s the case!

1 Like

Part of me wonders if Traudt ever really wanted to be here.

Maybe the parents wanted it more than he did, and/or felt the need when presented with some pressure to commit.

5 Likes

I’m more frustrated about the RS cause he gets to make this petty decision and keep all his eligibility, if I was Tony I would have burned it the second I got wind of him being unhappy, but he’s a better person than me …

4 Likes

Guess it was a bit much to think people had got it out of their system and we’d let it go

Tony didn’t redshirt him AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. He just didn’t play him. He is not playing players he thinks aren’t ready. That will never change. Ever. Ever. Ever.

1 Like

this is pretty embarrassing for Tony and Getter imo

4 Likes

Then the showdown when Traudt says I am not going into the game.

1 Like

Anybody remember Fred Durst?

4 Likes

What about all the Isaac Squared t-shirts I printed? Just kidding

2 Likes

100% yes. Redshirts still hold value in injured kids, kids new to basketball, or kids who are borderline D1 skill level but have 40 inch verticles. top 100 kid who was the best 3pt shooter at the NBPA top 100 camp as a 6’10 forward = not a redshirt candidate.

Nah McKneely and Dunn.

Interesting point. Tony gave the ultimatum. No idea how this changes his approach. Recruits who don’t have girlfriends? Buddhists? Inner city kids who are tough as nails and want to ball out wherever? idk

Our first non-Kihei/Reece war.

6 Likes

Lol what a dumb post.

2 Likes

Haha I’ll fight this fight alongside you buddy. Thinking CTB is handing out redshirts leads to a misdiagnosis of the issue.

1 Like

how is it not? you recruited over a top 50 guy and he transfers despite having a chance to play 30 a game next year

4 Likes