It’s way too early time! (Early 22-23 top 25s)

Lol the Thad Matta shoutout with Butler. Watch Titus be a grad assistant on his staff

4 Likes

I was sitting at my favorite restaurant in Naples, Italy a few years ago on a business trip and this tall dude walks up to me and asked if I spoke English… he ended up being an American basketball player who was playing locally in Napoli and was just walking around to waste some time… he ended up sitting with me for 3-hours drinking beer and talking about how awkward it was to live in Italy with how tall he was.

Plenty of talk about the mafia in Naples and how he always got profiled by the Carabinieri when he walked around… he gave me his contact info for the next time I went down, but next time I was there his phone number didn’t work. :frowning:

I guess I had a one night bro drinking session w/ him and then he disappeared into the wind.

Dang… it was 8-years ago… time flies… played for Capo Miseno…

9 Likes

Too bad you didn’t run into Charles Barkley.

Even though he rooted against us and notwithstanding all the other crappy stuff he’s been involved with and his prep for March Madness analysis is nonexistent, he strikes me as a genuine person with a generally good heart.

11 Likes

Great story!

They went all in on UVa in '19 and I’ll forever love them for that.

5 Likes

He actually jokes about that towards the end of their post finals podcast.

1 Like

He is very genuine. Hung out with him and some others for an evening at the 2012 Final Four. Some good stories…

6 Likes

Torvik’s 2023 projections are up for real now: 2023-24 Projections - - Customizable College Basketball Tempo Free Stats - T-Rank

Obviously a lot is going to change with transfers and draft, but you can click on teams for the projected player stats. He also is surfacing a couple of interesting metrics: returning minutes, projected effective talent, projected effective experience, and transfer points, which is some measure of how much a team is relying on transfers in their rotation.

5 Likes

He does not agree that Ryan Dunn will lead the first years in minutes so I believe this projection is wrong

6 Likes

Add him to the list: Ser Meryn Trant, Cersei, Raff the Sweetling, Message board haters, Torvik…

6 Likes

Which happens first: London Johnson commits or Winds of Winter comes out?

11 Likes

Does it have to be LJ committing to UVA?

Maybe the problem is London asked George to write the text for his commitment post.

5 Likes

Katz’s top 36:

We are not in the top 36. I don’t understand who’s the demo for "I would prefer to watch a 32 minute video explaining your top 36 rather than take 90 seconds to scroll through your list”, but what do I know…

8 Likes

As good of a thread as any to laugh about Boeheim being included on this graphic

6 Likes

Must be coaches with multiple F4s. Should have been Pitino instead if that’s the case

6 Likes

Pitino is the best of all. But Pitino will tell you its Tony Bennet, our coach

8 Likes