Italy Trip

If there was an opinion that TJ Power’s recruitment should be live streamed, the over would have been set at 2k posts.

7 Likes

Say the words Kihei Franklin Papi and “starters” in the TJ group and it’ll hit 2K before dinner

18 Likes

Are you though? Don’t think others didn’t have that thought cross their minds…
Mine was the opposite - He was like - oh they need me.

3 Likes

That thread’s gotta hit the over at some point. Just sayin.

1 Like

Thinking we are the same team as last year with limited upside is irrational and not really grounded in history imo

2 Likes

It’s a scrimmage and 24 second shot clock, but previous Virginia teams didn’t lose like this - last two seasons have seen a lot of it.

1 Like

I do think the 2022 class is the beginning of that culture reset.

Also its hard to compare this loss to playing a D1 team. We have no idea the talent level.

I do know the other team has a player projected to go first round in the next draft and a former college player/now euro pro.

5 Likes

If anyone had the thought, they need to stop following recruiting. I doubt a scrimmage in Italy has any impact. Where I do think the impact could come is Ryan Dunn. I thought when he committed, he had the upside to be the gem of the '22 class.

1 Like

I don’t think we’ve ever had this much roster continuity going from one year to the next under TB, so it’s hard to say how much better this team will be. At the very least the additional experience this group has in our system will certainly be a benefit, and you could argue that we were playing like a tournament caliber team by the middle of ACC play last year so it’s not like we’re returning to a group of scrubs. Not taking into account any of the games on this trip (because honestly I don’t think they’ll tell us much) I think this team doesn’t necessarily have the highest ceiling but will have a very high floor, maybe the highest in the country.

5 Likes

Fred couldn’t have hoped for a better outcome. He’ll be reminding us all about it and making up advanced metrics to support his conspiracy theories all fall.

4 Likes

Loveland 100… haha… was never brave enough to try that one… helped pace one of my buddies on it years ago… 10 of us took 10 miles legs and ran with him.

1 Like

Send @rushdacote to camp out in Worcester after he leaves Italy!

4 Likes

Good games back to back from Traudt and Shedrick

Mega locker room. (Mostly shirt on, fwiw)

And final point totals:

4 Likes

Murray is the second leading scorer versus our most difficult opponent so far. I’m officially on the Taine train now!

12 Likes

Need Reece to step up and start scoring at volume

5 Likes

I can’t help but notice they scored 93 points

1 Like

@rushdacote what’s your diagnosis of the primary issue? They were just better athletes? Our defense hasn’t rounded into shape? Traudt didn’t play?

Seems like we scored just fine. But they hung 90+ on us. So I’m guessing defense has some issues.

5 Likes

93 points against our almost entirely veteran lineup. We got work to do.

4 Likes

euro/ international high level hoops is kryptonite for the pack line

edit: and I dont have to even see the game

6 Likes

Do we have stats on the Mega offense? Saw Darney tweeted they hit 13 threes but no denominator on that. Just kinda interested in how they attacked the packline.

2 Likes