Jabri Abdur-Rahim or Henry Coleman?

This should be one of the more interesting developments over the next 4-6 months…that is assuming Keon Johnson commits to Tennessee in just over a month. The Tennessee native will be deciding between UVA, Ohio State and Tennessee on August 6th.

Virginia has one scholarship spot left for 2020 and have offers out to big names like Cade Cunningham, Ziaire Williams, Terrance Williams, Walker Kessler, Isaiah Todd, Mark Williams and Hunter Dickinson…but it’s looking likely that the spot will be filled by Coleman or Abdur-Rahim sometime next Fall.

Jabri was offered by UVA on May 15th and made his official visit recently on June 28th. On Rivals, Corey Evans and Brad Franklin have projected Jabri to go to the Cavaliers and Andrew Slater (writer for the Devils Den) forecasted Jabri on Monday to pick Virginia. Slater is 5/5 for his 2020 projections and 75.29% all-time (643/854).

Comprehensive Rankings

Rivals
Abdur-Rahim: 41st
Coleman: 47th

ESPN
Abdur-Rahim: 28th
Coleman: 42nd

Abdur-Rahim: 44th
Coleman: 39th

Thoughts?

Abdur Rahim seems like a winner…can we get him

Either would be great, but if I had to choose I’d take Coleman. We need more inside muscle in that class.

This is like a 51%-49% preference. If JAR commits today I’d take him, of course.

1 Like

There is definitely a good chance. Some of his top schools include Virginia, Michigan, UConn, and Notre Dame

Coleman. They’re both great but Coleman has the UVA connection and his strengths seem to overlap less with the other commits in the class.

We need that athletic wing to compete for a championship. Henry will always be a 4 and maybe a bit short for that role. I like the idea of getting a player type that we don’t have. It gives us more opportunities to play different ways. Ideally we could get both. Right now that doesn’t seem like an option. So I would choose Jabri.

I saw joe malcolm and justin were at jpj when he was in town…that had to help