Jalen Johnson minutes vs Notre Dame

had only 15 minutes in the game which accounted for being 8th on the roster tonight…I smell some trouble brewing in Durham…K will either shut down the season or Jalen’s foot problem will arise and he will shut himself down…

3 Likes

Yeah, I noticed the same thing…interesting.

1 Like

He might be hurt. But I watched the last 8 minutes of the game, and the announcers were noting that Coach K seemed unhappy with Johnson’s decision making and effort— he had zero rebounds and 3 turnovers in his 15 minutes. Duke has a lot of very talented players, including several key veterans. I get the argument that young teams, like Duke, were disproportionately impacted by the Covid constraints on the preseason and pre-conference schedule. But Duke is several months and 15 games into the season and is still struggling. I think it’s gotten to the point that we have to assume they weren’t destined to have a very good season this year regardless of the pandemic.

4 Likes

Amazes me how the fan bases dont care I would not like for my team to be set up like that man. Way more fun to have guys around for 4 years or the ocassional 3

8 Likes

I think it’s safe to say Duke is not a good team. There’s some talent there for sure, but the overall level is low. I agree they were likely destined for a bad year with or without the pandemic. If anything the pandemic gives Coach K an excuse for his lackadaisical coaching and subpar (for Duke) recruiting.

1 Like

Maybe the 2021 Escalade wasnt as fly as earlier models

3 Likes

I think there is some serious cognitive dissonance going on with their fan base, if I’m remembering correctly what I learned in Psych 101 at UVA several decades ago. It’s a cult following at this point, and for most of them Coach K can do not wrong. With 5 NCs to Coach K’s credit, it’s hard for recent contrary information to penetrate their belief system.

1 Like

It’s become more about promoting one’s individual brand rather than developing one’s individual self.

3 Likes

I definitely prefer having guys around for three or four years too. But I can see how having one and dones would be fun. Like it’s been a lot of fun to have Sam Hauser for a year.

5 Likes

No doubt there. I mean woulda been cool having Zion as well.

6 Likes

There’s something to that comment. I mean it’s not an apples to apples, but the grad transfer market or the traditional transfer market isn’t far off from the one-n-done.

5 Likes