Jeff Jones Part 1, 2 , 3

We have Jeff Jones this week in a 3 part series.
We also have Wally Walker as well.

We recorded Jeff Jones last week and given everything that’s happening, we understand how strange it is to post about Basketball right now. We also understand people need an escape.

What are your thoughts as a board? Do you want us to post? I know personally, it’s been really tough to focus. So I understand if you guys want us to pause. Just let us know.

4 Likes

Post please. I watched the last 4 innings of the 2015 College Baseball World Series Final tonight and it was such a relief.

3 Likes

JJ was great. No holds barred stuff. Him
talking about his playing days for me was the best part. Something he never brought into our Lockerroom back then

3 Likes

Yes definitely keep posting. Need a break from the world now

4 Likes

Say no more…

4 Likes

I’ll ask the same question, but regarding blog posts.

I’ve got some fun stuff in the works that I can put up, but I know reading articles about sports/basketball right now is kind of odd, all things considered. So, let me know what y’all are thinking. Don’t want to be insensitive or distract from much more serious & impactful stories.

3 Likes

Not sure if this helps but my initial reaction is I don’t care and dont want to read it. But then once I get into a post I do enjoy the distraction.

So i guess I’m saying go for it. Just forgive me if I’m absent or snippy in response

3 Likes

Definitely keep them coming.

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

Loved these JJ podcasts. I was in JJ’s class. Graduated in 1982. At the time that I entered Virginia, it was a top academic public school and the #1 party school as rated by Playboy. It was a fun fun top school. The perfect University. By the time I graduated, Easters party weekend was essentially dead as were a lot of other party aspects of the school. Where did the fun go? I bring up as I think the reason the fun left was also one of the reasons for JJ’s dismissal … a less tolerant conservative administration. JJ definitely was a GREAT coach and a UVA man. I did not like his dismissal at all. Great to hear him on the podcasts.

4 Likes

Yes, a huge bummer that his relationship with UVA ended the way it did. I don’t know what people will think of his time here, but I hope people listen to this and remember the good times. So many seem to dwell on the bad.

2 Likes

JJ is a coaches coach. the respect he has nationally from coaches is unmatched. Not that I always agreed with him when I played but he is the most loyal coach and friend to his guys you could ever wanna know

3 Likes

He gave y’all 3 hours. That’s incredible.

2 Likes

love that you noticed that.

1 Like

Thanks. Is there a second part to Wally Walker
Interview ?
Thanks

1 Like

yep…i’ll post it tmrw

1 Like

As I was listening to one of these podcasts, friend walked by and noticed a typo that had never caught my eye. When you click on the Podcast page and the little square for each podcast comes up, it says “THE LOCKER ROOM ACCEESS PODCAST” with two 'e’s in ACCEESS. It’s the line right above “HOSTED BY MARK JEROME”. Obviously doesn’t really matter, but figured why not flag it.

More importantly, continuing to love all the podcasts.

4 Likes

ha. thats funny and great catch. we need both spell check and grammar check for our crew!

3 Likes

low key would also be careful with your “friend”. that person is waaaaay observant yo haahaha

2 Likes