JMU at Virginia, Sat, Sept 9, 2023, Noon EDT, TV: ESPNU - Official Thread

Will UVA cover the opening spread of +6.5?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

Will UVA fans be outnumbered by JMU fans in Scott Stadium? (JMU enthusiasm vs UVA lack of enthusiasm vs first home game in general but also first home game since last season’s events with the 30,000 free 1.15.41 T-shirt promo)

• Yes
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

JMU won’t outnumber UVA fans, but it’ll be embarrassingly close.

1 Like

Will muskett throw a pass?

• No
  • Questionable
  • Yes
  • Who cares?
0 voters

It’s a bit of a sh#t position for the staff. Muskett should rest and continue to heal up. But JMU may be one of the few opportunities to pick up a win and they need to take advantage of those when they happen.

Given that Muskett is not the future of the program I say if hes 80/85% or better trot him out there and see anything bellow that is too dangerous and let him rest.

5 Likes

Would be easier if we thought the o line could protect him

1 Like

No truer words were spoken…the only thing interesting about this game is to see the floor for our Oline. If the get smoked on par with what UT did…it’s not going to matter who we trot out there at QB…

@BDragon 85% or not…If a transfer QB is our best guy…I would just assume give the start to our future guy…it’s not like a blue chip QB recruit is coming through that door anytime soon…so sad…

2 Likes

Yes. I am begrudgingly going to the game even though I know I will be surrounded by JMU fans treating this as their season’s bowl game.

It will be embarrassing. Sort of self fulfilling as I’m sure many fans will not show up due to the aforementioned.

Or fans can show up to support a team that will be honoring Lavel, Devin, and D’Sean. Who cares about how many JMU fans will be there the team deserves our support

23 Likes

Thank you!

I’m just stating what has been known Scott Stadium behavior. I give the on the field product criticism, but I still show out to games.

And yes, hopefully other fans do show up to show respect to our guys.

3 Likes

Totally get that argument and I made a similar one when there were rumblings of a qb competition coming out of camp.

Usually I’m all for blooding the young buck. My only hesitation this time is the program neeeds wins and they need to go with whoever gives them the best chance at that since there are o ly a few real opportunities out there.

I dont know and have seen enough of anyone on staff to know what the right answer is. Feels like we’ll see rhe first yr get the knod on Saturday

Christ and Muskett play = We win

Christ or Muskett plays = toss up

Neither Christ nor Muskett plays = shut down the program **

** psych. It’s JMU. Do they even have a football team? Are they gonna show up with flags hanging off their belts?

4 Likes

Potential glimmer of hope - I read Boley graded out very well at LT. and only with a few practices

Get Christ healthy. Get Furnish decent or get someone else in there. Move Nnanna to Guard. And then … I don’t know … maybe we get to 3 wins?

4 Likes

After all those suggestions and you say maybe 3 wins… :joy: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

Too many?

2 Likes

How bad is Johnson that he couldn’t beat out Furnish after beating him out middle of last season?

3 Likes

Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

1 Like

7-point home dogs to JMU? By any objective measure, that’s just flat out embarrassing.

2 Likes

What are some of the objective measures of embarrassment level for being an underdog to another team?

4 Likes