Joe Harris trying to go back to back tonight!

Joe Harris is in Chicago tonight as the lone wahoo participating in the NBA all star weekend. Joe is trying to defend his title as the 3 point contest champion. If he wins, he will become the 5th player to win back to back 3 point contests. Joe currently has the 3rd best odds to win it behind Trae Young and Devin Booker. I’ll try to post updates and stuff as the night goes on. Go hoos and let’s hope Joe can go back to back!!!

3 Likes

Joe did not make it to the second round but he did hit a deep shot!

1 Like

Any NBA people know why Dre didn’t participate in the rising stars game last night? Would think given his stats and draft pick he’d be a shoe in.

3 Likes

Agree. He was definitely a snub. @brogdonfanpage usually knows a lot about this stuff. Any help man?

1 Like

Players are selected by the NBA assistant coaches. What hurt Dre is that not only is it first and second year players, but because there’s a world team vs a us team, a number of international players are selected who wouldn’t make it otherwise (Niccolo Melli, Josh Okogie, and Svi Mykhaiuk) who Dre would beat out if it was purely merit based. On top of that, Dre has a little bit of the smaller market disadvantage. Not that ATL is a small market, but compared to LA, NY, etc. it’s not as prevalent. And then the Hawks are 15-41 so he’s not getting the recognition of being on a good team. In addition, Dre is, as many UVA players are, not as flashy as the Zions and Jas of the world so he’s not as recognized. I thought he was snubbed, considering he’s first among rookies in minutes, 5th in total points, 9th in PPG, 12th in rpg, 8th in total assists, 9th in steals. I’d expect him to be in it next yr tho so look forward to that.

8 Likes

I’ll add, the draft pick part of it is misleading. He was fourth, but he was the fourth guy after the three high profile guys. They were the ones who everybody talked about going into the draft, and Dre was left to be the 4th wheel of a tricycle. Ridiculous, I know, but that’s how it was perceived. You’ll notice, Garland (5th pick), Culver (6th), White (7th), and Hayes (8th) didn’t make it either.

5 Likes

Very interesting and I agree. Some of that stuff about the small market, bad record, etc you could say that for a number of guys that did make it… it’s literally a popularity contest

2 Likes

You’re right, kind of a mix of all those things working against him

2 Likes