🏀 Knicks Spurs 2026 NBA finals

This has been my first time really watching Wemby, like full games truly paying attention. That guy is amazing. It’s like he was created in a lab from Ralph and Durant’s DNA maybe a sprinkle of Lebron, in a Twins movie style experiment. Kihei could play the Devito role.

9 Likes

Crazy that he hasn’t even reached his ceiling yet and only 22.

4 Likes

If Kihei was on the Spurs, they would have won in 4.

9 Likes

I love the trajectories tool on this website for visualizing a player’s development:

It uses an all-in-one impact metric called DPM. You can compare Wemby’s trajectory to anyone, here’s him compared to Bron, Jokic, and Durant, where the X-axis is number of games played:

Wemby is in the blue. He’s got better faster than anyone else, and is ahead of even Bron’s rate of progression in this DPM metric. Still has a way to go to reach Bron’s peak (and obviously Bron’s longevity is absurd), but he’s crazy good.

6 Likes

If Wemby can stay healthy and on his pace for a decade he’ll go down at the best ever. Big ifs but it’s not often you can say that at 22…

7 Likes

Damn what a title man. Does anyone know where I can find a recording of the game? I have YouTube TV but probably didn’t record it

1 Like

Do you have ESPN+… should be on there.

2 Likes

So many Spurs blown leads all series

3 Likes

Every game they blew a double digit lead.

Saw the difference in a vet team and a young team in crunch time

3 Likes

Bump

5 Likes

Also a team that was really only playing 6-players deep.

2 Likes

As a Spurs fan the last two weeks have basically been getting to relive the 2016 Syracuse collapse on a near-nightly basis.

6 Likes

As a life long Knicks fan, this was fun to watch. I could have done without all the coverage of the fair-weather celebrity “fans”, but other than that, it was a great, highly entertaining series and I find the current roster easy to root for. I still prefer college BB.

4 Likes

Most of the celebs in the crowd seemed legit. Trying to think of one that raised my eyebrow besides Taylor….

1 Like

I did enjoy the Do The Right Thing reunion with Spike Lee, Turturro, and Esposito (may have been others but those are the three I noticed hanging out together).

3 Likes

Spike and Matthew modine. Maybe stiller, but he’s annoying. The rest are grifters. I did appreciate that Oakley got to see it.

Alvarado is a fun story.

4 Likes

The Spurs have to move Fox now right? Gotta keep castle Harper Wemby together and happy…

3 Likes

I think they’d love to move him. He made a lot more sense when they traded for him before they hit the lottery for Harper. But who’s going to take on Fox’s contract? 4 years, 222 million left.

2 Likes

I would guess so. I like Fox, he’s just so inconsistent

Also Keldon Johnson must’ve had one hell of a regular season to win 6MOY. He was awfully quiet in the playoffs. Harper on the other hand…

2 Likes

He’s basically an undersized power forward who out-hustles most other teams’ bench guys. Which works fine in the regular season when most of the teams he’s playing have weak second stringers.

In the playoffs he was just overmatched, unfortunately. Spurs in general didn’t have good playable size to pair with Wemby in the front court. Vassel, Champagnie, and Carter Bryant are NBA wings (even if they were college 4s). The Spurs don’t have someone like NYK’s Anunoby or OKC’s Hartenstein/Chet/Jaylin Williams rotation.

Hesitate to call it a weakness because they clearly had a great season regardless. And not sure who they would kick out of the rotation to add size as all of Keldon/Vassell/Champagnie/Bryant are key elements of their locker room and chemistry, so they’d want to think twice before blowing that up.

6 Likes