Late recruiting cycle

Theres a chance Efton could reclass into 20, yet the staff is showing a desire to bring in Towns. Does this mean they already expect a transfer from the current roster? Have to think they will have a scholly for Reid whenever he chooses to commit.

1 Like

As far as I know Reid is planning to stay in '21

1 Like
7 Likes

What are you going to say on these in the coming weeks?

haha! Whatever comes up. No idea what to expect.

1 Like

And all three major shoe circuits have postponed April AAU events. Thereā€™s not gonna be any sort of activity for a while.

2 Likes

The Louisana high school tournament is continuing?

Still set as of this afternoon. No fans allowed.

1 Like

Any idea if itā€™s being streamed?

Think Beekmanā€™s game is streamed but on a subscription service.

It can be streamed from NFHS for a $70 yearly subscription https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/

Also on Cox Sports network

$70 for actual live sports right now? Where do I sign

Go to the site and hit subscribe in the upper right. Now that I went back, they also offer an $11 monthly. Donā€™t be surprised if the stream isnā€™t great. They will probably have a lot of people.

Interesting look at how things could go down for late signers if recruiting isnā€™t opened back up soon. These are the recruits hit the hardest that have delayed things. I have a friend whose son gambled on himself passing on mid major offers in the Fall. He intended to play AAU ball this Spring in hopes of pulling offers he liked better. Havenā€™t talked to them about what theyā€™ll do but there are a lot of these cases. Lower levels do just about all their recruiting late.

PSN has been told that over the next week, Jeffress and his family intend on coming up with a plan of schools that he plans on making official visits to once the travel ban is lifted. At this point, theyā€™re hoping to be able to get visits in and make a decision by May. If thatā€™s not possible, theyā€™ll have to take visits and talk to coaches via videoconference.

3 Likes

itā€™s funny following Beekmanā€™s game on twitter. There are tweets from people there, and others from people watching on stream which must be on about a 10 minute delay. itā€™s not competitive at all. Scotlandville is up 58-35 in the 4th.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Iā€™m curious about impact on international recruiting. When do those guys get evaluated and seriously recruited? Seems like in the past international guys have been late additions, and unexpected, so Iā€™m guessing the staff got involved with them late. I imagine itā€™s not even an option this spring and maybe summer.

1 Like

I wish I could give you some sort of answer but canā€™t. Itā€™s not all done late. Salt and Sattmann were Fall signers. Caffaro didnā€™t visit until May. If he had done it a few weeks earlier, heā€™d probably be playing somewhere else right now.

2 Likes

Towns decision coming this week. With everything going on it would make me think heā€™s going ā€œhomeā€ to tOSU. Any word?

1 Like

Wow. He made it sound like he was going to take his time and make multiple visits. Oh well, I imagine weā€™re going to have multiple spring options