Late recruiting cycle

No idea. He’s been at home in Columbus. But it’s not like they could meet with him either. I figured if he settled on OSU, he’d wait until they cleared room. I don’t blame him for going ahead. It’s not like he’ll be able to take visits any time soon, and visits are sort of overrated in these cases anyway.

2 Likes

There is no way that could be good news. OSU has quietly been a thorn in our side recruiting wise

So do you have an educated guess? It’s fun to think about things other than the zombie apocalypse

1 Like

You have all the info I do for an educated guess. Gotta think OSU has the best odds. Syracuse did need to make space. I guess you could speculate that he was waiting for their flood of transfers this week.

2 Likes

Brian Snow from 247 crystal ball to OSU. He’s usually pretty good

Syracuse people are saying it’s not them.

Snow is from Ohio, covers that region. That’s the safe bet.

1 Like

Hope we dropped out because Braxton wants to come back for another year.

1 Like

What? Really?

Did we drop out?

Brax? Been wondering a tad. Mamadi with lots of farewell social media posts. Brax not so much.

Only chance Braxton comes back is if the NCAA grants another year of eligibility for winter sports, something I don’t see happening considering a number of teams had already concluded their season.

5 Likes

you got to think it comes down to UVA and Ohio State for different reasons. Ohio State to be home and near family. UVA for academics and a chance to win a national championship. I would hope Vegas releasing odds to win it next year and UVA favored to hopefully push the pendulum a little our way.

4 Likes

I really wish we could have got a visit. Would have liked our chances. I still believe we got a shot

1 Like

Between our strong academics, impressive success over the past 5/6 years, and well-built culture, the only reason he would end up at OSU would be to stay close to home. But a Harvard kid who is used to a smaller, academically rigorous institution switching over to a football powerhouse with over 60,000 students just doesn’t seem like a good fit to me.

1 Like

Recruiting is rarely logical

2 Likes

I never bought that academics would be a factor. Towns has a Harvard degree. He’s good there. lol It would have been nice if he had given UVA more of a chance. OSU was always going to be tough to beat though.

1 Like

Towns would be a nice add but I really like the idea of developing our young players and giving them a chance to play. McKoy and Shedrick worked hard and waited there turn this year and deserve a chance to show their stuff and hopefully they will contribute for years to come.

5 Likes
1 Like

Lol of course he is

4 Likes

So OSU/UVA were 1 and 1a then Duke jumps in. Thoughts?

1 Like