Latest Podcast with UVA champ

Who can relate to Kyle Guy’s free throws.

Tom Henske, give it a listen…I think you’ll like it

6 Likes

Yes! I am a big soccer fan and I was really excited to listen to this podcast. I could’t wait much longer. Great stuff.

2 Likes

How did it go for u? We didnt ask many soccer related questions, so hopefully it was still enjoyable

2 Likes

Yeah, I did not really want to hear many soccer questions. It was just cool listening to an amazing player.

1 Like

I liked the change-up… I grew up in Virginia as a soccer player and goalkeeper. I wasn’t good enough to play at UVa but I did call and ask if I could try and walk on in '96 and they politely told me they only allowed invited walk-ons to come out. I just wanted a week to hang out w/ Yuri Sagatov and Brock Yetso to learn something new for my Albermarle adult league and AFROTC IM games… and then be disappointed when I got cut. :wink:

What this pod also reminded me of was back then when you watched soccer , they hadn’t figured out how to advertise for soccer in the US yet, so commercials would happen during live play for two minutes. In the 1993 College Cup, Nate Friends scored EVERY time they went to commercial in the Semi-final and Final… it was uncanny. If I remember correctly he scored at least 4 during commercial breaks. I thought what was amazing was Friends was injured a lot that year and then went into beast mode for those two games.

1 Like