London Johnson Contenders & Other 2023 Updates

Yes baby Jesus

4 Likes

Auburn fan reacts to that news…

pearl jr4

13 Likes

Auburn rapidly become one of my least favorite teams/fanbases after our final four match-up. I like having somebody to pull against in SEC basketball.

7 Likes

I’ve heard nothing about this one.

Honestly, seems crazy if it’s at this point already.

Pumped if it happens tho. He’ll thrive here.

5 Likes

Oh man, I had almost forgotten about her. She’s kinda terrible.

Recruiting can be a funny (and painful game). Sometimes coaches work their behinds off - get everything lined up just right - win the mom, win the dad, win whomever and then the 16-17 year old goes in a completely different direction.
Other times a recruit will fall into your laps that you never expected, or didn’t work that hard on.
Perhaps over time those things even out. But just beware - Dave Odom could still run over the recruits dog!

8 Likes

Did that happen?

If looking for a a team to "not like’, the SEC is a target rich environment!

5 Likes

Tom Sheehey’s dog I believe

1 Like

Yep. We got the recruit whose dog our assistant coach ran over. It’s the two studs who visited with him we missed out on.

1 Like

Correct. Odom thought the recruitment would be over - but Sheehey still came to UVA (UNC didn’t offer - his first choice)

Pearl’s daughter I believe. Whoof.

I think it’s his sister. Either way, it’s definitely someone is his bloodline.

Daughter. Poor girl

1 Like

Been away for a day…, maybe 12 hours… why hasn’t CTB closed on this yet… I need to get arguing about how we need a rim protector to pair with Traudt and who is the best target for that… that isn’t GG Jackson…

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW4fOYtMEtI/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW4Ng0nFc3b/

3 Likes

Like his game from what I’ve watched (some Norcross games from last year are uploaded in their entirety on YouTube if you’re super bored). If I have a critique, it’s that he’s a little soft at the rim and relies on a lot of fancy finishes and spin to score layups through contact. That won’t translate as well to the college game where there’s more physicality and dudes are significantly bigger than him. He’s got to work on finishing more aggressively through contact at the rim and/or grow an inch or two. (His defense also needs a ton of work, but Tony would get that ironed out no problem)

His passing and general feel for the game is very good, and his shot looks really solid. Probably still needs a little work, but he seems to get good arc on it and it just feels like a nice ‘soft’ shot, if that makes any sense. When he misses, it doesn’t look crazy off or anything. Would be a great addition.

4 Likes

Yeah’s his finishing at the rim is very much like Ty Jeromes. Doesn’t have that Kihei Reece attack the rim with speed but uses a craftiness (he is a little more athletic than Jerome, hence the higher ranking out of HS which is biased more towards athletes).

The Ty Jerome comparison is dead on. Exchange some of the New York “F U” 3 pointers with more athleticism.

2 Likes

If Johnson could develop a reliable floater like Ty did, that would make him extremely deadly. It’s really something I think all point guards who aren’t giants should develop, but is an even more important piece for guys who don’t finish super physical at the rim.

3 Likes

Not knocking on London but man, those FU-NY 3’s were fun to watch.

6 Likes