Louisville at UVA thread (Sat 2pm)

Louisville at UVA Saturday 2 PM on ESPN 2.

With a win UVA would clinch a share of the ACC regular season title and the 2 seed in the conference tournament.

8 Likes

Kihei will have El Ellis’s name. Book it.

4 Likes

Best place to take my two sons to eat before game?

1 Like

If anyone here wants my two nosebleed tickets in 308u, say the word.

3 Likes

What are the odds we see less of Gardner/BVP together and more of one of them with Dunn, Shedrick, or Papi?

I enjoyed BVP’s recent interview with CBS19. Seems like a nice guy and a good teammate:

9 Likes

Said during the overseas trip that BVP seems like the kinda guy who is probably loved in the locker room. Even while fighting through his shooting slump I’d imagine he helps a ton with team chemistry and morale.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Cville is pretty underwhelming lately when it comes to restaurants. Chipotle in barracks in your best bet. then walk to the game

1 Like

Depends on what you like, but some of the places I regularly do:

Al Carbon Chicken
Guajiros Miami Eatery
Chickadee
Ace Biscuit and Barbecue
Mel’s Cafe
Marie Bette/Petite Marie Bette especially for pastries
Ix Park Farmers Market for Mexican Tacos, breakfast sandwiches (forget the stall name but you’ll see it), sweet stuff from Althea, Bee Conscious
Pico Wrap
Ivy Provisions

8 Likes

All that and didn’t even name the best joint in the entire city…original Guad on 29

4 Likes

Haha I think we have different taste. I’d probably go to La Michocana, El Comalito, the taco trucks that are often at High St and Long St, before going to Guad. I haven’t tried it but Mi Casita on Pantops is supposed to be pretty good Salvadoran food. The Latin grocery on 29 near Crutchfield makes good pupusas from a kitchen in the back. Oddly enough, so does the kitchen in the Marathon gas station on Rio, but they are weekdays only I believe.

3 Likes

Enjoyed a decent win over a solid Clemson team Tuesday. Covered the spread. That was nice.

I want to beat the fucking shit out of Louisville tomorrow and see this team clicking again.

9 Likes

“It was Dentyne.”

1 Like

So… depends on how you define “best”. Ralph’s place in Barracks has well located TVs, a perfectly good selection of beers and other alcohol, is about as close to walking distance to JPJ as you can get without eating at Mo’s BBQ, and definitely has food.

Is it good food? Well, its a little overpriced but its not terrible. I would not say its good, but its Ralph’s Taphouse! Gotta give it a try once.

4 Likes

If anyone has a link to senior day festivities (now or later), please post. Thanks

4 Likes

Will CTB start the seniors?

I think in the past he hasn’t. I wouldn’t mind chase playing the first few minutes. We should still kill Lville.

3 Likes

Yes. Clark, Gardner and BVP and Franklin

3 Likes

He does usually start the seniors. Kody Stattman started last year on senior night vs FSU in place of Franklin. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Chase start in the backcourt along with Kihei, for a few minutes or so anyway.

3 Likes

Tony not letting Shedrick participate in senior day activities so he isn’t forced to start him

10 Likes