Media Day thread

Did not know he was injured…agree it is a little hard to be consistent when dealing with injuries

What do you guys think will happen with Tomas this year? I could see anything from a 3rd team All ACC on 45% from deep type of season to falling out of the rotation. I’m curious to see what he looks like when he can fall back to being the 3rd option on offense for most of his minutes.

4 Likes

I think he compliments Jay, Sam, and Kihei so very well. I would be shocked if he didn’t earn starters minutes at one wing. It will be interesting who wins the other wing. I can see Beekman playing with Kihei but I feel Kody or Casey will see most of the minutes due to defense and filling their role best. Most likely they will share a role depending on who they are guarding. Both should benefit and compliment due to the potential spacing.

2 Likes

I’m not someone in the know but to me it’s easy to see how Kehei’s game gets better. Last year he had to play almost 40 minutes a game. You could see it affecting his shot and other play. With Beekman there Kehei will be able to get more rest. A fresh Kehei is a beast or that’s what I believe. HGN, You mentioned Shedrick and I’ve been wondering how he has played in practice. Has anyone heard anything? I believe he’s gonna be a good one. He just needs to catch up to his body

A lot will depend on Casey and if Trey plays. He’s streaky, so I suspect he will be really important some games and not play much in others. By the end of the season, folks had figured out his offensive game was one-dimensional and his efficiency went down. Better talent around him may make it easier for him to get looks and harder to guard the way they did at the end of the season.

I’m looking forward to seeing Justin McKoy. From all I’ve read it seems he has the size, attitude, and work ethic to be a key contributor especially when it comes to rebounding. It’d be great if he can fill a good portion of the rebounding gap left by Braxton’s departure. Mostly, I just love the guy’s enthusiasm.

6 Likes

McKoy is the all time leading scorer at his HS

1 Like

Bigs are reliant on guards to get touches in good spots …

1 Like

Seems to have that infectious personality like Gill and Anderson.

3 Likes

Kadin has mono don’t know how much he is practicing.

Could be wrong but I believe he had mono; think he’s alright now

3 Likes
6 Likes

Still no word on Trey??

Official comments have ranged from we can’t rule out the possibility that there could be a possibility that he might play this season, to I didn’t hear your question so I’ll just talk about something unrelated.

9 Likes

Guessing if it’s in the works he’s been asked not to spill the beans tonight

Trey checking in from the gym. Love it

1 Like

I watched the newcomers thing tonight and at one point Trey was answering a question about coming to Virginia and wanting to help UVa win another national championship and it seemed like he caught himself about to saying something he wasn’t supposed to say. He said something along the lines of “hopefully I can help the program do that soon” but there was a definite pause and redirect before “soon” came out.

I’m still guessing that at the very least we’re trying to get him eligible. Tony’s “all hands on deck” comment earlier this week given the uncertainty around Covid adds further evidence in my view to what Trey posted on social media.

5 Likes

True. And this likely will be the best team to try and get a title so he may as well try to contribute. Next year will be without Huffzingis, Hauser, and Woldo. 2 starters and a starter/sniper from a year ago.

1 Like

Anyone know where I can find a replay of meet the newcomers?

6 Likes