Miami preview & game thread

What if he hasn’t practiced in 10 or so days?

Man you are seriously trying to erase all my reverse jinxing … help us out here!!!

2 Likes

He’s been at practice for at least a few days. Saw some IG stories over the weekend

UVA is 3-6-1 ATS in their last ten games from my quick skim. They failed to cover by more than 18 points in three of those. So Vegas missed big (NC State, VT, FSU) when they missed.

Finally, we are 3-5 when favored by double-digits. Two of those were outright losses (San Fran + NC State) with one going to OT (Kent State). We are 0-3 ATS in the ACC when favored by double digits. However, we have had two double-digit wins in our last 10 games (UNC + Syracuse - both at home).

All that being said, I know nothing about Miami, so I personally would stay clear of this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

All of that speaks to why I love the spread as a way to pick up some cheap cash. I may shy away from the money line, but if I was bullish on NCSt +11 this one is right in the same wheelhouse for me. I’m not saying take the Hoos,

I wouldn’t put any real money on it at -15. This team hasn’t been running up big leads lately. Even when we have a big lead, we seem to lag off at 17-20 up and give margin back. It usually gets worse if we put the green team in, and with a lead, this would be a game to pull seniors. Even if we were to go up 20, I wouldn’t bet money it stays up there with Jay, Sam, Woldo, and maybe others celebrating on the bench.

1 Like

Yeah our wins are generally all close. Everything by 12 or less against the ACC except 23 and 35 point blowouts against Cuse and Clemson.

Historically, we’ve played Miami tight. Even when they’ve been bad and we’ve been objectively good. Eleven of the last twelve have been decided by 10 or fewer points. I don’t know if it’s true, but I always feel like ACC historical performances have more weight in VIrginia matchups than others.

Anyway, probably talked myself into betting on Miami to cover. And for that reason alone, you should bet the opposite.

2 Likes

I don’t have any insider knowledge, and his lack of practice and game time recently are relevant factors. But I would still be surprised if he doesn’t start given Tony’s history on senior days and all that Woldo has done for the program this past two seasons.

After very little thougt or consideration I am
taking the Hoos -15 and over points tonight. We bout to go off on senior night!

10 Likes

It makes me a lil sad that this is Hauser and Huffs final game at JPJ and that in Hauser case he never got to play before a sold out arena in Cville. While this season has been frustrating they’ve both been such a joy to watch

Edit: my b Woldy, you’ve been great too. Just thought you were gonna be around another year

7 Likes

My man way to cover you a$$ with that over

1 Like

you already know. full throttle if we cover it flies over

1 Like

You should parlay those two in that case.

true but just friendly thing with my homeboy

1 Like

Most of the time if it looks too good to be true then it probably is. Especially when betting ballgames.

1 Like

Woldetensae getting the start over Beekman.

2 Likes

I just bet my life savings on Miami +15

4 Likes

Convenient way to get a look at that starting lineup

1 Like

Just to be a Debbie downer, most sports books won’t allow you to parlay same game over/under with the spread anyway.

1 Like