More dirt on Will Wade?

I’m pleasantly surprised that the NCAA is apparently doing their own investigation and finding additional cases instead of just going with what the FBI handed them.

The documents say the NCAA’s enforcement staff received information that Wade “arranged for, offered and/or provided impermissible payments, including cash payments, to at least 11 men’s basketball prospective student-athletes, their family members, individuals associated with the prospects and/or nonscholastic coaches in exchange for the prospects’ enrollment at LSU.”

8 Likes

Yeah it is nice to hear. Do you think they will look further into the Duke/Zion situation?

6 Likes

Yeah it is nice to hear. Do you think they will look further into the Duke/Zion situation?

10 Likes

Not really. I haven’t seen any real evidence to prove anything. Just questions he’ll never answer in an attempt to embarrass him into settling with a former agent. Was he probably paid while at Duke? Sure. Proving that the Duke coaching staff had anything to do with it, or that those payments were even tied to his playing there as opposed to agents/shoe companies trying to get a jump start on his services, that’s a leap.

9 Likes

I need a foto of @anon37693817 cause this icon is hilarious and I have no clue what it is or repreents

3 Likes

K is smart enough to use bag men. Wade just thought he could get away directing all of it himself, on the phone no less. The pro move for the coaches is to give a phone number to the kid’s handler, that belongs to a booster or shoe rep who will handle the rest. Even if they get caught, there’s nothing linking it directly back to the coach or school.

In short, Wade’s an idiot for how he apparently went about it.

8 Likes

The name and picture are a nod to my 2 banned accounts on the sabre…DanielPlainHOO and AndyHOOfresne. Not taking yourself (or others) too seriously is frowned upon there. I don’t post there anymore but I occasionally lurk as ThatsADunk. That name of course is from Guy’s post dunk reaction in the 2018 ACC tournament.

5 Likes

I’m a semi-retired attorney – and, as such, over the years, I have learned to pretty much HATE attorneys. Hope Mr. Wade’s counsel is keeping current on his billings – and hope he bills long and hard to Mr. Wade. Also, hope that justice is served here. My gut says that justice here = Mr. Wade moving on from LSU – but who knows. Just not a fan of cheaters. But, to be fair, at this juncture, Mr. Wade is an alleged cheater. I’ll stay tuned. And, GO HOOS!

5 Likes

Hudsucker Proxy on the left?

Sorry. Right

Shawshank

3 Likes

Is bill a euphemism?

1 Like

I gotta agree with ya. It seems pretty simple to put a middle man in place. Make sure your hands never touch product.

2 Likes

“Is bill a euphemism?” – Ha! Not so intended – but I like it. So, it is now.

1 Like

I always liked that username, Thatsadunk.

1 Like