Morsell / McKoy Transfer Decision Discussion

6 Likes

I think those lil devices are used to help keep the hand, wrist and elbow aligned correctly rly while shooting. It helps with muscle memory

You are probly right but does forcing the muscles to do something create muscle memory? Seems like an oxymoron to me. Maybe you can feel whats ā€œwrongā€ when you arent using them and correct it?

we need to ask kenpon

2 Likes

New RTD story on our transfers

1 Like

Not sure how you can complain about not having offensive freedom when you were missing >70% of the shots you took. Offensive freedom is earned, not given.

22 Likes

Had they ever seen us play before committing? Itā€™s pretty much universally known that UVa plays slow.

You could argue that McKoy says, ā€œyou could argue,ā€ a lot.

3 Likes

Lol is he still going to be talking about the offensive freedom when his team scores all of 40 points against us?

4 Likes

whatever-shrug

8 Likes

Iā€™m not really sure why this is super controversial. We A.) donā€™t get out in transition and B.) are very selective with the shots we take. When you throw in how much sides we run it adds up to an offense that isnā€™t very free

2 Likes

Did we run a lot of sides last year? Also McKoy got to take and miss and so many layups and we let Morsell shoot the ball so much and miss

3 Likes

Would anyone here actually describe our offense as ā€œfree-flowingā€?

2 Likes

I agree itā€™s not controversial. I donā€™t understand what they expected our offense to look like when they originally committed to us.

3 Likes

If your good enough yeah. Look at the shots Hauser Murphy Guy Jerome Hunter etc. took. Tony will let you play free if your good enough.

We let morsell do what he wanted and he couldnt hit 3s or finish at the rim. McKoy is always going to be a glue guy: there are spots in the NBA for good enough glue guys. Heā€™s not a 3 or perimeter player. Heā€™s a stretch 4 at best.

3 Likes

Maybe they just realized that they were looking for something different? Happens to college kids all the time.

1 Like

Other than maybe KT Harrell (in the immediate short term for UVA), I canā€™t recall an instance when a player transferred from UVA and that didnā€™t end up being beneficial for both parties in the long run. Iā€™m going to assume that this streak will hold for Morsell and McKoy. Good luck fellas!

5 Likes

Marial Shayok said the same thingā€¦ and then thrived in a freer offense at Iowa state. Such a non-story

3 Likes

Itā€™s not so much creating muscle memory as it is muscle brainwashing.

1 Like

Always looked to me that Reeceā€™s biggest mechanical issue was pushing his off hand across his shot on his release, creating some awkward side rotation. Seems like this thing could help with that.

4 Likes

I have no problem with guys wanting to play in more up tempo/freer flowing offenses. I wish we had one. But 1. Donā€™t act surprised when you commit here about what we run and 2. If youā€™re shooting 20% from 3, lack of offensive freedom isnā€™t your problem.

22 Likes

Once again Iā€™m in violent agreement with you. For either of those guys, they knew exactly what Virginia and CTB are, so canā€™t claim they were caught off guard. Casey had as much freedom/leash as a player could possible have given his lack of production. At some point itā€™s on the player for not producing. His shooting percentages tell you everything you need to know about why he was limited in the system.

10 Likes