Most Impressive Play, Kihei to Mamadi, Kyle's Three FT's, or Dre's Corner Three?

This question was asked on Twitter earlier today when we had an anonymous UVA b-ball player take over the account for a little while.

I know it was adressed on the latest episode of Fauxch’s Corner as well…

Personally, I think Kyle’s three free throws were the most impressive. First off, unlike the other two plays, he had to think about his shots over a period of time that, while short, must’ve felt like eons. Secondly, he had to make three separate shots. Lastly, he won the game with that play, while the other two only tied everything up for overtime.

What’re your thoughts?

4 Likes

Strong strong point and what Kyle did was special. But the Khei pass and Mamadi shot are tops for me. I don’t know what Khei was thinking because if he was it’s serious onions to blow off 2 sharpshooting upperclassmen. If he wasn’t that’s a long time to go into s trance. The pass was perfect. That is an extremely difficult skill especially for a player who doesn’t have the largest hands.
Toss in Mamadi shot which was no gimme.

6 Likes

1A, 1B, 1C

5 Likes

@BDragon what a great way to say it dude. “long time to be in a trance”. The more I watch Kihei the more I think the dude knows and sees things we dont. Pass at UNC on baseline to Tomas for the win was big big skill

5 Likes

I think you’re on to something. That pass against UNC was amazing. I’m beginning to believe Khei is one of those guys where things slow down for him.

1 Like

yea man. he is different in a Ty Jerome way

2 Likes

Remember when TB “couldn’t get a point guard”? :joy:

4 Likes

Kihei to Mamadi was insane. To react on instinct in under 6 seconds is insane. I mean count to six to yourself while tipping a ball back, run 50 feet to track it down, turn back, look off one covered shooter at mid court, look off the other covered shooter at mid court, see the defender go out to Ty leaving a window to hit the open Mamadi, shove a perfect one handed pass 50 feet, immediately shoot it over a 7 foot center hitting nothing but net as the horn sounds. IN SANE.

3 Likes

ha. awesome written summary. i doubt he counted down 6 though but who knows

1 Like

If he did the man is a true savant

If we’re going purely based off impressiveness I would say Kihei to Mamadi. Every time I watch that play I see something else that just makes it more impressive. Kihei’s poise while sprinting to chase down that ball, grab it well enough so it doesn’t “slip”, not heave up a half-courter (which is what most people would do, a freshman in college or even Lebron or MJ), wave off Ty and Kyle, throw a PERFECT pass to Mamadi and then just wait. On Mamadi’s side, it’s incredible how he got the tip, had it go the perfect distance, somehow stand in the exact right spot, somehow make Kihei way Ty and Kyle off, catch Kihei’s patch perfectly, and NOT BRING THE BALL DOWN!!! Other than that, there are many things that were out of anyone’s control that went beyond perfectly. Such as the exact bounce of Ty’s free throw (even the fact that he unintentionally missed it is crazy), the fact that the Purdue guy didn’t get the ball- Kihei is just faster, and many other things. That enough to prove the fact that this is the most impressive?

4 Likes

Yes! It’s like picking my favorite child, impossible.

2 Likes

I still think JayWilly was up to something with TB as Dre was headed to the scorers table. But that has nothing to do with the play

4 Likes

Yeah just a lucky coincidence

2 Likes

can we also mention that Clarks first dribble went left then he came back right 1 bounce and fired it to Mamadi… low key that shifted all of Purdue

2 Likes

I got my aluminium foil hat on and am listing @DFresh11 Tell the world what JayWilly and TB were up to

3 Likes

hahhhah. i cant help it man

3 Likes

No man you got my attention and I think you’re on to something. Plus JayWillys non-committal response on the pod makes me believe it even more

3 Likes

yessir. didnt wanna give away his tips. I love it

2 Likes

Could it have been that they wanted length/mobility on the floor if ty made the ft? Get Kihei or jack out to make it easier to cause a five sec violation?

2 Likes