💰 Name-Image-Likeness (NIL) Discussion

Suddenly makes a lot more sense why the twins bounced on the Canes… this is not gonna be good for a lot of players… and it might be a catalyst for NIL regulation

7 Likes

Well they wanted in to the adult world. A lot of it ain’t good.

2 Likes

True but generally speaking in the adult world you are paid for services rendered.

3 Likes

Ruiz always talked about cutting checks regularly, like just part of the company payroll, so hopefully he was forthright on that and did pay the kids weekly or biweekly or whatever.

Have to think that he did or savvy businesswomen like the twins would’ve called him out on it.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/SamBrunelle_33/status/1648100887909347329

10 Likes

I thought our athletes could use our jerseys, logos etc on their NIL deals now? Did Sam go outside Cav Futures or something?

Trying to remember, did Shedrick have UVa gear in the ad in which the chicken wings were unironically hitting him in the head?

5 Likes

Kihei and Jayden did in their Good Feet commercials.

1 Like

Reminds me of this dad who took recruitment photos on his son’s OV lol

14 Likes

My God I have new goals in life. Can’t wait for Malcolm to grow up

18 Likes

What’s Sam’s NIL valuation? I feel like she’s been inking deals since day 1.

4 Likes

in general, but I have a bunch of worthless judgements on my wall that say people suck.

3 Likes

I don’t know how much Sam is making but it has to be a lot. She’s representing many companies. She’s all over IG

3 Likes

Yep I remember her mentioning she was taking advantage of the influencer gimmick back when NIL was first announced. She was doing deals with some National brands when she was still at ND. Have to imagine she’s made a solid amount over the last 2 or 3 yrs.

5 Likes

I would think so. She’s probably done as good or better than most UVA athletes. I don’t know that.
I’m just speculating but she has always got something going on

4 Likes

Good product…started and run by a former Hoo tennis player and fraternity brother of mine

3 Likes

17 Likes

You’re not going to open those are you? :wink:

4 Likes

Suprised UVA wasnt more of a player.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/LHRubama/status/1655537040690237443

18 Likes