NBA Early Draft Entry / G-League Discussion (Formerly 2022 Recruiting Offers)

This is reflected in the stats on Mamadi’s fouls committed/40 minutes:
1st year: 6.7 fouls/40 minutes
2nd year: 5.6
3rd year: 3.9
4th year: 2.4

6 Likes

I was curious how other UVA bigs have trended in FC/40 over the years–these are the results for anyone interested. Mamadi’s improvement is the most consistent/dramatic. Akil and Isaiah were both pretty good at not fouling from the get go, though.

26 Likes

Looks like Reuter was playing football his first year

3 Likes

Mike Tobey bucking the trend and playing with reckless abandon!

1 Like

@robrob doesn’t post often but he sure packs a wallop when he does.

4 Likes

Based solely on the slope of the line, Reuter would’ve gone on to be the greatest big at uva since Jason Cain if he had stayed four years.

2 Likes

Shedrick will be a star by time he leaves UVA. He has the tools, height, and athleticism.

4 Likes

Agreed, I don’t think I’ve seen any of our bigs have as much 2-way potential as a freshman as Shedrick. He could be a star.

2 Likes

Four-star junior Seth Trimble is going to be a name to keep an eye on in the 2022 class. Elite guard skills and has really alluded himself as a two-way threat during his junior campaign. Recently, he put up multiple 25+ point games and has drawn the attention of the Virginia coaching staff.

Trimble completed a zoom call with Virginia’s Tony Bennett on Monday. Michigan is also a program who could get involved.

7 Likes

Any connection to Melo Trimble or just happen to have the same last name? Couldn’t find anything in a quick search but was curious.

I would guess not. Melo was from DMV. And if he was related, I think it would have come out in all the pieces that mention Tokoto is his brother.

2 Likes

Oh man, Seth Trimble’s tape is fun. He might be my favorite PG prospect we’ve been linked to so far. He has incredible bounce for a 6’2 PG, great body control in the air, can finish with either hand at the rim, and his jumper looks pretty good. He’s also got a really solid build. Not sure how elite he is as a game manager/distributor (seems to pass well enough but nothing phenomenal), but he is a serious scoring threat and would seemingly be a nice compliment to Reece for two years.

Of course, everyone looks good in their highlights. Without seeing his shooting stats, difficult to tell how efficient he is - I could see a bunch of those difficult shots he takes at the time not going in. And if he is really more of a score-first PG, that would deviate from the PGs we’ve typically used in our system. But regardless, he has some fun highlights. Count me as a fan.

1 Like

“I’m a very fast player, I like to get the ball and go,” Trimble told 247Sports. “I love fast breaks, I think that’s where I’m best at, fast breaks and pushing it down the floor. I’m a very good transition player.”

Call me a cynic. This kid’s not coming to Charlottesville.

10 Likes

Probably true.

Lol! Yep. No chance.

Didn’t Reece make similar comments as a recruit?

I think he also played with the same AAU squad right? Phenom?

1 Like

Yup!

1 Like

To be fair, we have been pushing the pace more and we would probably do so even more if we acquired more athletic talent. I dont think Tony is that stubborn to not adjust to the talent on the roster like we are seeing this year.

I believe Dick Bennett even wants Tony to ditch the packline and go more to a man to man pressure defense to adjust to the new style of basketball we are seeing.

2 Likes

He may have. I don’t remember. But Tony zeroed in on Reece. If Bennett goes after Trimble with the same laser focus I’ll change my thinking.

1 Like