NBA Finals Live Thread

Alright, alright, alright the NBA Finals kick off tonight between the Lakers and the Heat.

Who’s watching and who do y’all have winning it all? Do the Heat have a legit shot?

1 Like

Game 1 Spol tried to go small and make them adjust. Anthony Davis at the 5, and mobile forwards like Morris and Kuzma with pointforward LeBron allow Lakers to play big while matching the mobility of the heat.

Will be interesting if Leonard and Olynek get some run. Also wondering if tony is watching this and thinking of future line ups with McKoy Murphy and Kaufman all on the floor at the same time with their mobility.

2 Likes

The Heat are in a tough position. The size of the Lakers is well known, and even their “small ball” lineup is massive. They play small ball at a size that is still larger than the avg team. Bam has to get healthy if the heat want to survive and I’m not sure he will be able to unfortunately. It will be interesting to see if they Lakers can maintain the level of physicality throughout the series. Coming in I would have pegged the Heat as the more physical team, but LA bullied Miami around the court, and now the Heat are carrying a few injuries. Will the be able to step up to the challenge in game 2. Personally I don’t completely buy LA’s tough guy routine from game 1. But You can fake it til you make it, and it seems like that’s what they are doing.

1 Like

Love this hire

1 Like

Man Doc has only landed well since he ledt Orlando good for him. I’m not crazy about Phillys roster but I believe it’s solid and could be a true contender with a tweak or 2

Have to get rid of Al Horford. and bring in like 3 solid shooters. See if you can get a trade for buddy hield. Oladipo with his injuries and only one good season not worth the money

1 Like

Agree on getting rid of Horford. I’m in the camp they need to dump either Simmons or Embid

I think Simmons can still be an effective power forward with elite vision. Embid is a top 5 center and really dominates/puts the other team in foul trouble but is injury prone and has conditioning issues. Also Idk how he defends the pick and roll.

1 Like

Simmons as a true stretch 4 is definitely an interesting prospect. I like this upside, but he carries some injury issues, himself, and his inability to shoot brings some concern. I totally agree on Embid, he is a stud, but his injury history is so concerning, I also question his conditioning, and the fact that we rarely if ever see him truly take over a game is baffling. If pushed I would build around Simmons and trade Embid, because I think there’s more upside to Simmons although that may have more to do with the unknown factor.

2 Likes

In honor of Game 2, Jimmy Butler’s wiki is one hell of a read

3 Likes

The Heat are showing True Grit tonight. What ab effort

Jimmy Butler is my favorite player now. Still salty when he took up a roster spot in the 2018 all star game and didn’t play last second, but those sins have been redeemed.

1 Like

Aww i forgot about that. He’s earned all my respect. Love watching him play. All the Heat played with that tenacity tonight

Wow

1 Like

That was insane. A slugfest

2 Likes

#HeatIn7

3 Likes