NBA Preseason

Trey playing well against Minnesota so far in the first half. 8 points so far.

4 Likes

The Pelicans have some chuckers on the team though and donā€™t seem to be running a good offense.

1 Like

They dont have a point guard

2 Likes

Meanwhile, OKC has like 6 PGs. Ty earned some healthy minutes despite it. Though not a great showing with the fouls and TOs. Think he will be battling Maledon for reserve minutes.

Diakite also worrisome with the foul trouble. Three in 8 min of play. He was foul happy in Summer League as well.

Hauser with the healthy scratch. Dre also sitting to rest the knee.

I tuned into the Thunder game near the end of the third quarter when Ty was already in. Unfortunately Ty and Mamadi didnā€™t get on the court at the same time.

When Ty was in, it looked like the offense was mostly trying to run plays for Giddey. Ty had a couple of open looks for corner threes that didnā€™t go. He made a nice floater in the lane that got waved off because of a push.

Mamadi had a couple of good blocks, and a nice looking three. But he sometimes looks kind of spastic on defense, like reaching his arm out quickly and late to disrupt a shot. If he looked more under control, some of those fouls might not get called.

2 Likes

Trey Murphy with 20 points so far on 6/9 from three and a put back dunk.

4 Likes

Stud!

Iā€™m not an expert or anything but 12 of 19 from three sounds, like, good.

1 Like

Dre was also back in action which is great to see. Clearly needs to shake off some rust, but just good heā€™s out there.

2 Likes
3 Likes

What strikes me about that clip is how happy and relaxed he looks. Sure, he had a great game and thatā€™d put anyone in a good mood, but he looks casual and loose talking to the reporter (calling out to his mom!). I attribute that to both him being a great kid as well as the Pelicans doing a great job of making him feel comfortable with the organization and his place in it.

3 Likes

Here is a link to the Pelicans Board for Trey dicussion:

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/new-orleans-pelicans/

1 Like

Tiger droppings. GREAT name.

1 Like

Haha, I love team boards. First thread I click on is calling Jonas Valanciunas a top 5 center in the league. Iā€™m actually a pretty big JV fan but that is an extremely high ranking for him in a league with Joel Embiid, KAT, Bam Adebayo, Nikola Jokic, and Rudy Gobert.

4 Likes

Hmmm I wonder where he learned to close out to the 3pt line like thatā€¦ :thinking::wink:

7 Likes

Nice first halves on Friday night. Brogdon with 19 at halftime, Joe Harris 4/4 from 3 halfway thru the 2nd.

4 Likes

automatic

1 Like

Simmons just showed up, unannounced? Thatā€™s funny.

2 Likes

Dre back on the court for the Hawks with what looks like their starting 5 for the season. 13 points in the first half on 5-6 shooting, 2-2 from three, plus 3 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal. Glad to see him back and playing well.

Edit: Finished with 19 points, 7 of 12 from the field, 4 of 6 from three, 3 rebounds, 3 assist, and one steal.

16 Likes