NC State game thread (Tues 9pm)

We have never beaten a team with a Terquavion on it. Also in seasons which we have lost to teams with a Terquavion, we have never won a game in the Madness.

3 Likes

Haha … 2 things … Appleby played one of his worst games of the year missing several easy shots … Wake could have easily had a 5 point lead with 5 to play …and I didn’t realize how soft their bigs were until I saw them up close in person … of course Dunn helped make them look that way …

2 Likes

I don’t know how we stop Burns. Can’t double him. Too fast for Papi. Too wide for everyone else.

Idk maybe throw Dunn on him and hope he doesn’t foul out.

For those that haven’t watched State, he’s like 5 feet wide but moves better than BVP and similar touch in the post to last year’s version of JG. Basically Kenny Lofton Jr.

1 Like

We have this guy that doesn’t play a lot on the bench but is 6’11 and provides some rim protection. Maybe he can help on Burns?

6 Likes

Need to make him defend - he’s prone to foul trouble.

3 Likes

Couldn’t JG guard him?

2 Likes

Wake stumbled into an interesting strategy late in their game against them, when they put Monsanto on him and tried to front him. I don’t know how successful it really was, but you could try fronting Burns with Dunn’s length and agility, and having our biggest guy guard Gantt/Ross instead to plan on bringing backside help (since Gantt is a zero on offense, and Ross doesn’t provide floor spacing). It’s a little galaxy brain, but it might make them uncomfortable.

5 Likes

I would definitely try Dunn. He has the length and timing to block or deny floor bound Burns.

1 Like

Vegas must be complete idiots. UVa is a 7 point favorite. Everywhere I read Virginia has no shot.

4 Likes

I’m glad for DJ Burns that he’s having a good year and won’t be most known as the guy once mistaken for Zion.

8 Likes

I saw we offered Burns and TB visited a couple of times. We’re we ever serious contenders?

1 Like

DJ Burns is a legend

1 Like

Vegas knows. We good

6 Likes

They only really recruited him for a minute. Wasn’t much of a thing.

2 Likes

Did we drop him when we first made eye contact?

For our Defense (assuming same starters)

Kihei - Morsell
Beeks - Smith
Franklin - Joiner
BVP - Gantt/Clark
Gardner - Burns

I could look dumb for this, but I actually think Gardner can hold his own against Burns. Reece vs Terq matchup is gonna be fun. Two future NBA guys. Might have to switch Kihei and Armaan if Morsell is better at using his size than he used to be

1 Like

Start iMac tonite, bring Kihei off the bench.

2 Likes

I think it should be this as well but I’m sure Kihei will be on Joiner.

2 Likes

Great piece: UVA basketball will go as far as their enigmatic frontcourt can take them - Streaking The Lawn

2 Likes

Kinda silly if Sheds isn’t playing because of fouls … he also deters opponents from getting easy baskets a ton as well … Hoo really cares if a dude picks up 3 or 4 fouls in 25 minutes if you don’t really need him in starter level minutes anyway? curious …

7 Likes