NCAA throw back

How many players can yall get right in this foto. East Regional 1993 (just found this poster at home)

3 Likes

Junior Burrough, Cory Alexander, You, Cornell Parker, and Ted/Willy I can’t see.

2 Likes

Yes. Is Willy at far corner lookin on. How bout Cincy guys?

Man this game kills me more today than it even did then!

2 Likes

ah sorry. not Cornell.

2 Likes

It’s Yuri Barnes not Cornel. Willy thew me off in the far corner. I was trying to figure out who the other white guy was.

2 Likes

hahhahahaah. yes. is YB not Cornell

1 Like

Just about 0… wait maybe 1… you’re taking the ball up

1 Like

Here’s the box score. That was a good Cincy team, couple guys with long NBA careers. UNC knocked them off in the elite 8.

2 Likes

wow… pretty impressive that you were able to find a box score from that long ago

1 Like

dam HGN is too good. I have that game still on VCR. Nick Van Exell is guarding me in the press. I think he and Cory are good friends from NBA days

1 Like

As an XU alumn and proud Hoo fan few things infuriate me more than that game. sUCks

Man you said it all

1 Like

Few coaches infuriate me more than Huggybear

Imma bight my lip/ text finger here. Being said I like him way more 25 years hence. Back then…

1 Like

bite even

1 Like

Haha i agree i didnt hate press Virginia but i get ya

I was at X when he was in still huge and X was knocking on the door knew a lot of the guys from his program during that time…

1 Like

Ran across this article about the last undefeated team each season, going back about 30 years. I was surprised to see the 1992-1993 Hoos on the list. I had totally forgotten the team was undefeated that deep into January. But 11-0 on Jan 20? Seems like a really low number of games. The first game that season was Dec 1. Pretty late.

Of course last year’s Hoos also made the list.

1 Like

Our 11th win was at undefeated Duke who won it all the year before and we had won the NIT the past year so was cool story line that the winning streaks were extended to the past years post season tournaments as well… woulda made it 16 in a row for The Hoos

4 Likes

Also thank you for digging this up since I never even knew the stat

3 Likes