New Football Podcast

What should we name it?

5 Likes

Inside the Weight Room… to maintain the theme of the site… also @DFresh11 and crew always talk about that is where the true work is done on many of the basketball podcast episodes and where many of the athletes from different sports interacted.

2 Likes

I don’t really know where else to put this so I’ll throw it in here. The Lockdown this week with Charles Snowden was phenomenal. I’ve always been a fan of the Ball Hawk show, and Cov is good too. But Snowden… incredible guest. One of the most vocal leaders at UVA and a hell of a player. All three keep it real talking about a variety of things. Highly recommend for any fan from the most casual to a die hard

5 Likes

Agree. It was really good - informative and fun to listen to

I do have a critique. I think the host didnt allow Charles tu answer some questions and fed him intu answers. I also think they talked more than Charles and talked about themselves alot. I wanted tu hear more from Snowden and less motivation talk from the host. I just felt Snowden did more listening than talking. I am looking forward tu the next one. Maybe sitting at an AAU game in a hot gym thru off my judgement.

1 Like

Call It Turf Talk or Not So Cavalier. LOL

1 Like

Agree with this- Tony C in particular needs to remember he is the host and work on bringing the best out of the guest. Hopefully just getting used to a new format

1 Like

I tend to agree w/ Tu and Mindbender here… what I think the difference between the Basketball and Football podcast comes down to is that on the Basketball one, you only have one ex-player @DFresh11 w/ a life-long fan w/ all the historical data locked in his head @Merch and @Marktykobe as the moderator. The Football one doesn’t have enough diversity in thought & ideas w/ three players talking. While they were all knowledgeable and entertaining, there was a focus issue on the guest as they all wanted to relate stories about their own playing time throughout. I would recommend a moderator that wasn’t a player to steer the conversation in the right direction. I think @Marktykobe is a master at that… just my two cents.

1 Like

This is all really interesting for me to hear cause I love listening to Cov and Hawk with the guest but also completely agree that the “outsider” Mark Jerome brings us all down to earth. Man the constructive commentary back from you guys is really cool to hear and helpful for me. I love talking on the podcast and then at the same time hate listening to myself on the back end which is funny. Also, its not like I will or could personally change my small part but love hearing you guys talk it through

2 Likes

Great feedback. We are still playing with the format.

2 Likes