New Virginia Sports Hype Video & New Logo Hype! We Cavaliers & New UVa Marks!

I remember when Xavier went away from the X and began showing more of D’Artagnan they moved to more of the cartoonist imagery like the new UVa ones with the hat etc.

It’s just not the same the simplicity of the V-Sabre is what made it so great

5 Likes

https://www.cavalierteamshop.com/dept/new-logos?cp=1225_107945 these kinda look smooth

2 Likes

agreed. the simplicity of UVA’s logo is what made it stand out

3 Likes

The blue with the orange trim is pretty slick same with the orange background and blue text. Reminds me of the older kit they used to wear

3 Likes

Maybe this is like a “New Coke” deal…

2 Likes

I don’t get why they did this. Bored in quarantine??? Unnecessary

3 Likes

I was just texting with some friends, and being a branding person, I’d imagine this has been in the works for months maybe a year and it was always scheduled to launch around now. Plus with the money already sunk into it, and the lost revenue from losing spring and summer attendance, they just had to push forward with it to avoid a total loss.

2 Likes

Yeah but I still don’t understand why this was necessary. Even if it’s been in the works for over a year, still unnecessary.

4 Likes

Now that I totally agree with. I don’t understand the ‘why’

1 Like

UVA has one of the best, most classic logos that didn’t need a change any time soon

5 Likes

As I figured a long time coming. Still doesn’t explain why not completely

2 Likes

They did a typeface, color, and everything like that rebrand a few years ago. Why’d you do it again?

2 Likes

???

C.R.E.A.M. wutang

1 Like

Similarities?

Though they’re not ideal I could get behind these more than the new ones. But, talking about jerseys I would love if they brought back the rotunda and other images that were on the basketball jerseys in 2010 through 2013. The jerseys now + that would be fire not gonna lie.

2 Likes

Am far from in the know but gotta assume Nike on this one. As Dragon said CREAM

2 Likes

Straight puke. Oh well, gonna save a sh*t ton on gear now.

4 Likes

Fact I’m waiting for all that old logo gear to go on sale

4 Likes

haha yessir

2 Likes