New Virginia Sports Hype Video & New Logo Hype! We Cavaliers & New UVa Marks!

I really don’t like this. It’s 2020. Clean is always the way to go. Why on earth are we doing bevelled edges?

Also, who was sitting around and thinking, “You know what the fans and athletes really want? More logos with feathery hats on them. That’s what the youth are all about these days! Feathery hats.”

Is there a way to undo this? Relatedly, I’d like to know exactly how money was spent on this that could have gone toward literally anything else. If they weren’t just using some freelance graphics design majors, I will be pretty disappointed.

4 Likes

Man, I really can’t stop thinking about this and I dislike this whole thing more and more. I don’t like the lettering either. UVA is a historical place and I like the old collegiate looking text. We just got Oregonized by the folks at Nike. Totally lame.

6 Likes

They could have done something productive, like making some Jordan 1’s in a UVA color format. I’d buy that. @Benrekosh didn’t you put something on instagram with some cool UVA Jordan 1’s. That’s what Nike should have been spending their time on.

2 Likes

haha new word “OREGONIZED” love it

3 Likes

The guy that does football design and everything made something really cool a few months ago. SO COOL. Also, the UVA basketball equipment guy had some awesome custom Jordan 11s a few years ago that I love

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8hztHzgtpz/

3 Likes

That’s what we need right there!

2 Likes

These ones on the right are incredible. I think @Merch has better pictures too

3 Likes

Next up we’ll have the bleach court

1 Like

I might as well disown Carla Williams if we do that. Riot in the streets of charlottesville

Catch this old guy up to the times. What does C.R.E.A.M. mean? btw ,This new stuff is awful

1 Like

hah NP C.R.E.A.M. = Cash Rules Everything Around Me from the Wu Tang Clan

9 Likes

As long as they’re not really trying to phase out Hoos as some people are suggesting. Not that I’m invested in it or anything. :grinning:

10 Likes

One of the jerseys says Hoos or Wahoos on it, so that won’t be happening. It would also be ridiculously hard to phase out the phrase GO HOOS or anything related to that cause its’s in literally everything

5 Likes

was gonna do that for 73Cav and others but kinda liked the mystery of it from the Dragon

4 Likes

This was the Nike partnership all the way and wasn’t, as some have suggested, an expensive outlay by the athletic department. Also, theV-Sabre is going nowhere. That’s the primary mark and always will be. The secondary logos will be exactly that: additional details on jerseys and gear and more options for merchandise. These secondary logos will not be taking the V-Sabre’s spot whatsoever. This is a lot of agita over what ultimately is a slightly redesigned main logo and wacky alternate ones.

3 Likes

I know you’re down with the Clan Mr. Can you play some Dre

1 Like

Can I? The RZA lives in my building

2 Likes

RZA is awesome.

1 Like

Bobby Digital that’s huge