NFL Draft Comments

Hey folks, delete if this is covered, but I’d like to get my NFL comments during the draft from LRA folks. I’m a homer so I think Perkins should’ve gone before at least two QBs. What is the consensus on what’s going to happen for our hoos tonight!

3 Likes

While I love uva football with all my heart, the fact that my guy howie roseman just picked jalen hurts is a bit overwhelming

2 Likes

Nobody wants to participate? C’mon folks, you have awesome insight and nothing else is happening!

1 Like

Perkins not off the board is not surprising. He’s going to have a hard time making a roster. The real crime is that Bryce Hall fell so far because of injury. He’s a flat out stud

2 Likes

Based upon stats and such in comparisons to other QB’s, why is it tough for Bryce P to make a roster? And I am really curious as I know nothing of FB, like John Snow. The B. Hall thing is really unfortunate but somebody is going to get a steal.

2 Likes

Perkins is a solid player ton of grit lots of intangibles. His release is a little slow and his accuracy esp on the deep ball is suspect.

He could and can make a roster but he’s got to find a team that he fits the scheme. There are mpre mobile QBs in the NfL now but they arent the norm.

If Hall can fall to KC they would have a killer secondary

2 Likes

Thanks man! I admit, I don’t get the NFL Draft. Thanks for the input!

2 Likes

Yeah from what I read Hall was still projected in the 2nd Surprising he’s still available.

3 Likes

which other UVA players should be drafted?

3 Likes

Reed & Mack have a shot…

4 Likes

It seems like the SEC, obviously gets a ton of draftees, the there are these picks from Utah St., etc. You’d think a player like BP is more attractive to the NFL bc we play against bigger and better comp, no?

2 Likes

I saw him as a second round pick even with the injury. But saw him slipping on ESPN’s board yes. There’s some concern about his mobility amd fluidity. That was there before the injury and only increased during his recovery

3 Likes

Love going so early was a surprise but he’s a big body qb with a cannon and showed a ton of promise. While Bryce has played some great teams. And had some memorable moments. They were mostly the result of sheer athleticism and will and not as much because of pure QB skill. Not a knock on him but being blunt wotj3my scouts hat on

2 Likes

Talent is talent. Injury concerns are legit, and sometimes, guys just fall. Look at Ceedee Lamb, lot of people had him as the best wr in the draft and a top 10 guy, and he went 17.

2 Likes

No doubt and the draft is strange once a guy starts to fall it’s not unusual for them to take a big plummet

2 Likes

Hanback and Perkins are supposed to be LATE picks or undrafted

2 Likes

Hanback is the type of player to go late or undrafted and you mook look up 5 yrs from now and he’s trugging along as a starter. I like his game very old school workmanship

1 Like

11 picks left tonight. Bryce Hall is one of the top 5 players left

1 Like

Not drafted tonight. Kinda surprising. Expect him to be one of the first players drafted tomorrow, along with multiple other former wahoos

If Perk dont get drafted some teams will give him a shot mainly because of his athleticism. I can remember thinking the last 2 games that Perk looked really good at quarterback. I can remember him putting some zip on long throws down the middle. He sometimes seemed to lob the ball but those games I seen a difference. I still got hope that he catches on with a team

2 Likes