Non-UVA basketball discussion (misc/old games/etc)

3 Likes

The defender always went *away from the strong hand they should have made their guys go left :wink:

6 Likes

And both went that way just as the ball handler was dribbling back to his strong side. Hard to do, but time your commitment to when he’s dribbling to his weak side. Looks like a great drill.

3 Likes

Sparing the Gertrude thread from this

3 Likes

Lol the comment

7 Likes

I can’t remember what he said now but about 2 years ago he pissed me off. Haven’t liked him since. Sign of my age is not liking someone and don’t even know why

2 Likes

The most trusted name in Virgina Sports News for all 253 of his followers.

5 Likes

I don’t like him because he says ridiculous things like “I am the most trusted name in Virginia Sports news” and randomly tags people who don’t care

7 Likes

I don’t know if this has been asked elsewhere, but… @DFresh11 or anyone else, is the prospect visiting Louisville this weekend, Curtis Williams, Jr. any relation to Curtis Williams who was on Virginia’s roster in '89? He was a junior college transfer, who played only two years, and then ended up in Iraq in the first Gulf War.

Let me find out. I sorta doubt it. Our Curtis W was a jucco transfer as you proly remember and a beast in the post. Sadly passed away a few years ago

2 Likes

Thanks. I did not know about his passing. I remember when Coach Holland brought him aboard, he [Coach Holland] commented on Williams “nasty streak” in the most complimentary way. I also remember the team being very concerned when he was shipped to Iraq.

1 Like

Woulda been Kuwait no? I never realised if it was Iraq he went there

2 Likes

Technically, you’re right. But, if he went to Kuwait, it was for staging. Iraq followed, then back to Kuwait. Regardless, I am pretty certain he was there for the first Gulf War hence the reported concern.

1 Like

Curtis was kind of a strange UVa hoops case in the sense that he came in for 1 maybe 2 years and never back. Like Brent Dabbs and Bogash in my time

2 Likes

Corey Alexander indoctrinating the top middle schoolers in America with UVA propaganda hopefully.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiqHvXPulZ3/

1 Like

Middle schoolers were smaller when I was in middle school.

4 Likes

Always a classic

4 Likes

OT, but speaking of Cory and middle school, he was part of an incredibly strong class in Waynesboro. Their team won games in 8th grade by like 30-40 points, and there was a different kid from that class good enough to play HS JV…he wasn’t even on the 8th grade team.

They won the state championship after Cory had left Waynesboro, and only lost like two games all year. Imagine how good that team would have been playing against Valley competition with a 5 star caliber All American.

3 Likes

Can confirm. That team team/era was incredibly stacked. Waynesboro vs. Lee was an event.

Was Madden at Lee when Corey was at Whs?
I hit a half court shot to send our game into ot in that gym.

2 Likes