Non-UVA basketball discussion (misc/old games/etc)

We’re a lot higher on this than I would’ve expected

6 Likes

Imagine if they posted even more italy highlights

6 Likes

If like me, you are wondering why Grand Canyon is getting so many IG likes, apparently they have an incoming player from Indonesia (by way of NBA Global Academy) who has a big IG following, and his arrival posts did big numbers.

7 Likes

Huh. Yeah, didn’t someone post something like this from… last year, maybe? I remember us being considerably lower.

Maybe it was for football.

2 Likes

It was the previous month (or two). I was just trying to look it up

1 Like

July:

1 Like

June:

My takeaway: there seems to be some pent-up demand for Wahoo hoops content, and maybe our program could/should do more to feed that demand. I know a lot of this is event-driven (see Davidson being huge b/c of Steph # retirement), but in an era where NIL is a big deal, maybe we could do some marginal things.

3 Likes

Ah, yeah, there we go. Yeah, on the August one my first reaction was to momentarily mistake Vanderbilt for Virginia because I initially looked for us in the low 40s.

1 Like

We had the Italy trip content in August. A lot of schools didn’t go on the foreign trip this year

2 Likes

Yeah, the foreign trip schools all jumped - us, Wiscy, KY, Auburn, Bama, Arkansas. Etc.

Yeah but other schools post tons of non foreign trip content. Look how much duke posts on Instagram

1 Like

Yup - I’d like the takeaway to be that hoops fans like hoops and maybe our program should give them more hoops … rathe than: well maybe we will have a handful of media appearances and will do the blue/white game on a time that is only reachable for our hardcore local fans.

I mean, we have such pent up demand that our program posted luxurious tracking shots of guys getting off the bus that would make the 1917 crew jealous, and our fans STILL ate it up.

But I point this stuff out and I’m the bad guy because I’m not letting Tony be Tony or whatever folks think…

2 Likes

Auburn probably had some kind of Ty double dribbled whining spike too.

4 Likes

Dead Sea farting related bump

3 Likes
7 Likes

Oh man. Sorry to hear this

2 Likes

Young fam, too. Very sad

1 Like

Awful

1 Like
3 Likes

I remember reading that story when it was published. Unbelievably well written. And so heartbreaking.

I didn’t know Tjarks, but I know a lot of people who did, and they all loved him. Cancer sucks.

4 Likes