Non VIP- Elijah Gertrude Watch

nodding

3 Likes

Noticed we got a couple CBs in Rivals as well:

12 Likes

Reece + Eli + Dunn + Bond + Shedrick has the potential to be an elite defensive group

11 Likes

I honestly think Elijah’s athleticism gives him a much higher ceiling than TJP. My first read of Power was that he does a lot of things well, but nothing at an elite level (not ret-conning, pretty sure I typed that). Elijah has some work to do, but I really think he could be special in our program.

Nice that we are adding so much athleticism in the past two classes - Blake B and Elijah both seem like plus ACC athletes.

8 Likes

Forget who it was @Hooandtrue will know, but one of the national guys said Gertrude had Jayden Ivey upside potential in a few years

16 Likes

If Elijah is patient and puts in the work (which I believe he will be and do) I agree with that assesment

7 Likes

I agree about TJP. I am only upset because TB and company really wanted him, and I hate when they waste their time. However there has to be plenty of other *more athletic SF’s that we can recruit, or another Mama-D/Kadin Shedrick like defensive player to develop.

2 Likes

Gertrude his redshirt sophomore year:

5 Likes

Allow me one TJP tangent in the Elijah thread. I wanted TJP because he looked like a super high floor guy, who we could use in a lot of different spots and would be the kind of super high level glue guy (Theo Pinson++) that blue-blood teams get. Some version of what we got from Brax. And then when he went supernova, I wanted us to actually win a recruitment against the blue bloods. But I don’t see high level NBA potential (Honestly, I see 3 year college starter potential, which makes him more valuabe, tbh). But whatever, F that Dookie.

Elijah is gonna be good. Go Hoos! When does hoops season start?

5 Likes

Was reminded in Vecenie’s pod recently that Mitchell was known as a really good defender in college.

2 Likes

That’s what makes me so mad about Power. After the UNC and Duke offers he went quiet for a month or more. During this time he knew he was going to Duke. He just bullshit Tony during this time or Tony wouldn’t have felt so good about UVA’s chances of landing him

2 Likes

Tap the breaks here. So you guys expect him to be a better player(!!!) than Malcolm?

I think it’s an interesting conversation. Probably would have to break it down into quartile outcomes or something to really hash out my view on it.

If I had to bet I’d predict TJ Power is probably an All American in college while Gertrude is a 2nd team All ACC type of player. But Gertrude ends up being a long term NBA rotation player while Power is on the fringes of the NBA/G League.

2 Likes

He will be the third best player in UVA history (behind Ryan Dunn and Ralph)

6 Likes

I dont think Ivey is better than Malcolm

2 Likes

I’d read it! Excluding UVa, I think he probably would’ve had his best career at Iowa or maybe UNC.

You don’t think that I don’t think that but we have 2rounder vs top-5 pick.

No disrespect. If you guys say so then I love it and I will go the FF he leads us to.

Malcolm was second round bc of medical grades, not basketball talent.

4 Likes

Might have to circle back around to this thought while watching football on Sunday and hash it out. Could probably throw BB, Sheppard, and Foster in the mix just for fun too.

1 Like

Ok, right before happy hour – really tough question: Who’s the better player in 5 years (or so) ? Elijah or Tahaad?