Notre Dame Live Thread/Preview

But why is that even a game time slot? Like, why does the ACC want a game happening at 2:30pm on a Wed? Am I missing something? Is there ever anyone watching mid-day Wednesdays?

4 Likes

They have them lined up, makes no sense to me;

Wednesday, January 13
Notre Dame at Virginia | ACCN | 2:30 PM
Louisville at Wake Forest | ACCN | 4:30 PM
NC State at Florida State | ACCN | 6:30 PM
Pittsburgh at Georgia Tech | ACCN | 8:30 PM

2 Likes

Pittsburgh at GT for the prime time slot leaves me dumbfounded

5 Likes

Is it like a holiday Iā€™m not aware of? Or are we making full-day ACC Wednesdays a thing now? I mean, if so, Iā€™ll adjust my work calendar accordingly, but just seems weird.

3 Likes

I hate the ACCN .

14 Likes

Assuming this is a one year pandemic strategy

I donā€™t want to hear anyone talk shit about the ACC Network. If it werenā€™t for them, I wouldnā€™t have a Tac Shaver to keep my face smooth in all forms of inclement weather

13 Likes

Underwater too! What would you do if you couldnā€™t shave while taking a swim?

5 Likes

for me itā€™s all about that Alien Tape

3 Likes

Another time change for Notre Dame part 2.

3 Likes

I was just asking myself could the truangle help us or it wouldnt work because you can play zone in college. Im watching the Last Dance with a hs team and had this thought. And I find this. GREAT JOB

5 Likes

I do Tu and that morning Packer show is HORRIBLE. I only watch it if UVA is playing. Why do you hate them?

3 Likes

Hides half our games on a channel most people donā€™t get. Some in VA still canā€™t order without switching providers. Nothing is worth watching but the games. A money grab, and judging by the commercials it canā€™t be going that great. Bring back Raycom.

8 Likes

Sadly it doesnā€™t matter. ACCN is supposed to payout around $10M per school per year soonish. The big ten networkā€™s payout is around $50M.

Teel gives a nice rundown on the environment

ACCN is free new money to schools + ESPN is downsizing = no one cares about quality.

Iā€™m sure they are trying to figure out how to get Comcast viewers thatā€™s been a real debacleā€¦

3 Likes

Which providers CANT get the station? I have direct TV. I cant see them not being carried by everyone, staying that way will last much longer. Their product is just horrible. The games have a 1990 feel tu it. The Games sound less exciting than other channels. Their commentators are just boring. Their tv programs are whack. I think our championship document wasnt good. Arent they responsible for that tu? It didnt give me that goose bump feeling. It could have been done with more emotions. It left out tu much and the Professor thing just made me shake my head. The ending was great but I hope someone else do a better job capturing the biggest turnaround in college sports history. The Big Ten have that behind the scenes show that I Love. They do it for football and basketball. I only watch UVA college football games and I hate watching their Basketball Teams play except Michigan and Maryland. Oh and Rutgers. Its tu hillbilly for me. I dont know how tu explain it. But I watch that show when I can catch it. The ACCN have no entertaining shows and they show tu many games from sports Im not a fan of unless its UVA playing.

2 Likes

The school payout is too damn good. @GardenIX hit it on the head MD and Rutgers bolted to the Big for that 50Mil a year. The SEC has a network and the CBS deal. The Pac12 has a massive network. The ACCN is trying to figure it out. They absorbed a lot of Raycom people and are working on ramping up but obviously ESPN isnā€™t investing tons into anything now. The network will be a sad evil we are forced to live with from now on.

I also think the UNC behind the scene show was poorly done and the Coach K doc. I think there are tu many old heads running things over there. I couldnt wait for this station. I I remember it starting in the evening and it wasnt appearing on the channel designated for it. I called my provider and they kept telling me they dont carry the station even tho on my guide it said ACCN. I got an email a few hours lata saying sorry they had technical issues. The next morning or soon after the Packer and Durham show started and I watched all week. I told myself OMG. Please tell me the programs will change when basketball start. NOPE!!

But they can improve the product. I remember they did a championship game watch party or some mess. It was so horrible. Than I saw commentators standing in a trash can on another show. LMAO LMAO LMAO. I was like what the hell is going on. I cant stop laughing right now. LMAO Whoever picked the worst for games. They had to get in the trash can. LMAO. Ok I will stop. LMAO

1 Like

Though Katie George is an absolute treasure!

6 Likes

I read somewhere that a 30 second commercial on the ACCN can be bought for as little as 40.00
Hard to believe but I had already heard talk before that they didnā€™t cost much. But hey those commercials are great,lol

1 Like