Official Following UVa's Transfers Out (stats optional)

Playing for the heels or Hokies? He might have transferred. Again.

He is a heel today. Seen him put up a wild hook shot

1 Like
4 Likes

Mal is starting at 1. In two conference games he’s putting up 10 pg. 2 rebounds and 4 assists per. with 2 to’s while shooting 40% from 3 on 10 attempts and 4 of 4 from the FT Line. He’s now 13 of 13 from there on the season. Yep he’s still getting better while playing 30 minutes per game with a Season high of 40 minutes in a 3 point overtime loss to Murray Sate in a game that he put up 13 pts 4 rebounds and 4 assists.

9 Likes

Ballin. Keep workin Mal

3 Likes

Wofford’s coach taking a leave of absence. Apparently word on the street is that he made them practice beyond mandatory limits and players spoke to the athletic department.

3MW made it sound like a players’ putsch, but I don’t know… those rules exist for a reason.

3 Likes

Igor seems to have found his groove at Charlotte. He’s averaging 10.8 P 5.8R, hitting 41% from 3 on the season now.

16 Likes

I wish we hadn’t lost Igor. But then I guess we wouldn’t have gotten BVP. And BVP is fun to root for.

9 Likes

Igor wouldn’t have given UVA what BVP will this year and UVA wouldn’t have given Igor what he needed this year. 25 minutes a game playing time at a lower level conference.

14 Likes

And I believe he also wouldn’t have given us what Traudt will end up giving us. I’m not losing sleep about a transfer out having moderate success at mid majors.

4 Likes

This is a great example of TB and the UVa program spreading the wealth. Lotta dudes winning to it

4 Likes

I bet Igor learned a lot the year he was at UVA and is using it now.

8 Likes

Absolutely he absorbed all that and is performing. I think Igor would have been a dolid player for the Hoos eventually and a reliable one this season maybe. But overall I think both sides are better now.

7 Likes

Weird how playing games makes you better

4 Likes

So Kihei must be the GOAT

12 Likes

Agree with both of the above posts (Kihei isn’t the greatest, but I get the sentiment). Playing 5 years of something is really good for development, which is of course why the NCAA’s decision to allow 5 years was so massively unfair to then HS upperclassmen (who by the way, were also suffering from the various effects of a pandemic, too). But the NCAA’s decision was never motivated by fairness, it was motivated by survival. It makes sense in that context only. In my (nearly always correct obviously) opinion anyway.

5 Likes

One would think we have the best team ever with Gardner, Kihei and BVP then right?
Gardner - 4018 minutes
Kihei - 4512 minutes
BVP - 4010 minutes

Weird how the top 5 guys on the NCAA all time minutes played list all played last year.

2 Likes

This is irrelevant. You have to add up the practice minutes. :joy:

Cmon, where are all my “practice is the thing that really matters” folks to +1 this. (Sorry everyone, I was out doing holiday themed family activities yesterday so I have some snark to catch up on…)

4 Likes

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

3 Likes

Mal is now shooting 39% from 3 now on the season. He’s 7/11 from there during the last 3 games he’s started at the 1. He sat out one due to a hamstring issue but played last night going 3/4 from long distance. As a team they’ve now won 3 in a row. On the season they’re beaten 3 teams that were in the Top 100 NET Rankings. Pedon is is doing a good job.

8 Likes