Ohio Preview / Live Thread

I’m surprised one of those guys didn’t watch our shoot around and report it.

1 Like

jason preston is only 58.5% from the free throw line yet he’s above 40% from three. pretty small free throw sample size though and he’s shot them better every other year but still interesting

1 Like

As was rumored…

4 Likes

Okay so we’re going to need some Papi and hopefully Kadin tonight? Kadin should be healthy by now.

Key to game is drawing fouls on their bigs.

I don’t know how relevant it is. But Shedrick was one of only a couple scholarship players that didn’t need to quarantine. He’s been able to do everything this week. Maybe it’ll give him a leg up for minutes tonight.

9 Likes

Interesting!

Would it be out of the question to see TB start Morsell and have him guard Preston initially?

I don’t see it happening.

I personally haven’t been very impressed by Morsell’s defense this year. He’s been blown by more than you’d like from a guy who isn’t giving much on the other end

4 Likes

I’d start kastra and have him take out preston’s knees

2 Likes

Ive been saying MCcoy for a while now

Dollars to doughnuts our normal starting lineup is out at the tip. That said, I’d like to see some Tomas. Opposing defenses completely rejigger when he’s out there

Any chance we see our “small ball” lineup tonight with Sam and Trey as the “bigs”?

We are playing the 5th place team in the MAC. We are missing a guy that didn’t play much.

I get that we are UVA and therefore are capable of losing to anyone at any time.

But I’m not worried. We roll tonight.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the game, but just gonna note, the 5th place in the MAC thing is misleading. They were 5th because they missed games due to COVID pauses. And I think their best player was also out for a little bit. Additionally, looking at their metrics, they just continuously got better over the year, so how they started the year is not necessarily reflective of where they are now.

Anyway, all that said, go hoos!

4 Likes

I hope you’re right, but I’m prepared for a full back n forth game where we are praying at the end.

I have only ever been wrong once: there was this one time that I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was right. So I was wrong about that.

1 Like

No real upsets at all today. Hopefully this bodes well for the Hoos or it means march madness is saving all it’s madness for our game…

5 Likes

McKoy is out this first weekend I believe.

1 Like