Outside UVa Basketball Thread

I don’t know. Is he really going to keep going to “coach” his grandson walk-on? Maybe so, no idea.

3 Likes

I would think so. Seems like it would be a pretty nice reward at the end of a career for a guy who never got to coach a son.

4 Likes

Nah they’ll just pull K Bot 5.0 out of the warehouse and he’ll be good for another 5-10 years

4 Likes

Tennessee blownout by a Florida team without 3 of it starters. Bama rolled an LSU team using a faster pace style of our offense/5 out. The Houston Rockets analytics team not only ruined the NBA but also are about to “ruin” college basketball just like we did.

2 Likes

I mean it’s not wrong

5 Likes

Ha… Alabama used the prescribed Jeremy Lin NBA strategy from the podcast I paraphrased below! The two folks who took the shots in the middle of the key should be benched!

6 Likes

Hahaha!

Did Duke Win?

2 Likes

Thought this stat was interesting

11 Likes

This is Arizona-centric, but an interesting article on home-court advantage without fans this season: https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/empty-arenas-arent-impacting-hoops-outcomes-experts-say-even-though-it-feels-that-way/article_7a78d222-85de-5201-8816-d4e47320b86e.html

The short version is that it’s slightly smaller than previous seasons, but only about 1 point-per-game of advantage smaller. And that the decrease is seen mostly in reduced foul disparities, so the fan effect is likely most felt on how the referees call the game.

5 Likes

Lord… I am sure that there is a creepy episode of Westworld that could very well mimic your K-bot 5.0 scenario…

1 Like

Carolina refs gonna Carolina ref

1 Like

Georgia Tech took Clemson to the woodshed tonight.

1 Like

Kentucky loses at the buzzer at Georgia. LOL!

4 Likes

Going to be an interesting match-up with GT and their guard heavy small ball lineup.

4 Likes

Zach and I were talking about that earlier…very Kent State-ish

6 Likes

Yeah… interesting If we started Morsell, Kihei, Reece, Hauser and Huff…I see us dropping a our bigs a lot and watching Reece and morsell dogging their guards… gonna be a tired group…

3 Likes

I’ll be interested to see how we use Trey, Sam, and Jay. I expect you are right, Kihei, Casey and Reece are going to get their laps in. Tomas too, and his all around play against Clemson will be needed again.

1 Like

You know CTB, he’s not changing up the line up…doesnt mean it wont change 3mins in though :slight_smile:

Make Wright guard Huff down low. Murphy can guard Usher. Kihei on Alvardo, Reece/Casey on Devoe (this cover is the one that gives me the most heartburn) and yes…I’d have Sam guard 5’10 Bubba Parham, he’s quick but not a big 3pt threat so sag off him. That said I suspect Sam will be forced to guard Usher which we will have to be careful with. As mentioned we’ll see a lot of our 3 guard line ups, gonna need Casey to keep up his scoring if he’s gonna play heavy mins

1 Like

Parham can definitely shoot it. He’s not a primary option for Tech but he made like 10 3s at Rupp Arena when he was a sophomore at VMI, which is still a record for a visiting team at Kentucky, and he made 116 3-pointers and shot 40 percent from deep that season.

Sam will guard Usher is my guess, which I think is a pretty good matchup for him. Usher made 5 3s last night but had only made 8 all season coming into that game and nine all of last season.

The matchup that will dictate if we have to go really small will probably be Trey on Devoe. I think that’s how we’ll start the game anyway, with Jay on Moses, Sam on Usher, Trey on Devoe, Reece on Parham, and Kihei on Alvarado, although we could put Reece on Alvarado if we want to use a bigger, longer guy to try to bother him.

2 Likes

NC State doing okay with using only one big vs UNC. Armando Bacot has half UNC’s points, but on the other end NC State’s guards are able to blow by big matchups for layups and they’ve gotten some open looks from 3

2 Likes