Outside UVA recruiting 2023-2024

Maryland offer.

1 Like

But he announced “Blessed to revive an offer” so he deleted to fix the typo.

3 Likes

He clearly meant “blessed to try to revive such a moribund program” and had to edit.

I guess Nova makes sense for Hodge given the connections. Thought they might be tough for us to beat, but I feel like we would’ve had a good chance if we pressed.

3 Likes

Maryland in the mud, lol. This makes a lot of sense from the roster opportunity perspective for Hodge though. Nova has sooo many seniors/super-seniors in their likely rotation this season.

3 Likes

Good Hokies getting a win technically, but at least Maryland goes through with the missing out on a key recruit.

Imagine if @WFS_HOO was a Virginia tech or Maryland fan. They would have banned him years ago with all their misses

1 Like

Mike Jones being targeted now

“Time to call this guy out. What’s he do here exactly? Can’t land his former players or his friends’ kids. This hire has been an absolute disaster.”

Jones (the former Dematha Head coach who was hired at both Virginia Tech and then Maryland) did bring Rodney Rice to Blacksburg but otherwise hasn’t landed anyone from the DC area of note.

1 Like

A fun thread for those who have a 247 subscription (maryland site)

For those who don’t, a summary

Pbs Nature Turtle GIF by Nature on PBS

14 Likes

Jeff Ermann doesn’t miss lol.

1 Like

Imagine if you hadn’t said that.

9 Likes

A couple pages was enough for me. I hate how everybody uses NIL as an excuse now. Total boogey man. It’s irrelevant for 90% of high school recruits, but it’s the first thing everybody screams when they don’t get one.

13 Likes

Hey don’t take that away
It’s too early

2 Likes

Clingan and Flagg to Maine !!

(Real story is actually kinda sad - Flagg and Clingans mom played together at Maine and these are their jerseys. Clingan’s mom passed away a few years ago, so nice tribute, from Flags OV to UConn)

9 Likes

Very sad. Looks like no Boogie in the ACC. Really wanted him on UNC

2 Likes

Did we ever have any interest in Jayden Ross? Frosh at UConn getting some buzz.From Manassas; HS at LuHi. But looks like similar frame (if not game) to Leon Bond

Im sure he was on our radar. His younger brother has mentioned some UVA interest (forget if he’s a 2025 or 2026). He was on team melo with Tafara for a few session and then switched to team loaded NC with Freddie Dilione I think

1 Like

Thanks. Figured you’d have the scoop, if anyone did

Maryland thread on Hodge went from 9 pages to almost 30 pages lol.

I didn’t realize how bad their recruiting was. At least the Hokies and Villanova have commits. Maryland literally has 0 commits and they have a LOT of needs. DeShawn Harris Smith and Jamie Kaiser have to start because of the lack of depth already on the roster and if they go one and done they are so screwed

Also this is their @WFS_HOO

5 Likes

When does Hodge commit?

He committed to Villanova a few days ago

1 Like

It is impossible that Maryland, that fucking shithole armpit couch fire of a school, would have an analogue to me. Obviously you don’t fully appreciate the depth of my comedic genius. I don’t accept the theory that my posts are “shtick.” You are all truly blessed to benefit from my Servantlitarionism, and many of you lack the Thankfulness and Humility to appreciate the gift you’ve been given.

5 Likes