Outside UVa Recruiting

Hope he ends up at Wake. would be good for the acc and don’t want to play him 2x a year at Tech.

Here’s what VT’s “insider” said, and it’s cracking me up. I am like 98% confident this guy doesn’t have actual intel on anything. He posts entirely nothingburger updates with vague inferences to “intel”. If I wanted to pretend to be an insider, I would study Arvin’s playbook because they eat it up

2 Likes

How does anyone on that board trust him anymore? I think it was last spring/summer where he was consistently just completely wrong. Him posting that gives me more confidence that juke picks wake.

I almost feel bad for Arvin at this point. Doesn’t seem like a bad guy, but he’s wrong about so much shit it’s comical.

1 Like

To be fair I have no idea what insider is supposed to be mean. There are a few staffs out there that hand out decent recruiting information to people who cover recruiting but most don’t. I’m sure I say stuff that sounds not so different than him sometimes. I think the important part is getting facts right, like this is happening, coach meeting with recruit etc. The rest is kinda meh. If you’re in that spot you should be able to give a perhaps more educated opinion than others but half the fun is everybody having different points of view when it gets to the end, if we’re lucky enough for it to be suspenseful.

7 Likes

First thing you learn as a reporter is that you’re NEVER an insider. People will tell you only the things that they want you to know (meaning the things that they want to be made public). The trick is to have a whole bunch of sources with different motivations, so that whatever you’re trying to find out, there’s always someone you know who has an ulterior motive for telling you.

The other trick is to pay less attention to what people say and more attention to what they do. Actions always speak louder than words. People will lie to you all the time because it’s easy to do. Rarely will they go to the trouble of pretending to do something.

11 Likes

I totally get it but you are way more reliable than this guy. Like I genuinely trust your intel and you’re honest about what you know and don’t know. It’s a good bet that if Arvin says something the exact opposite is going to happen.

Seems like a nice guy. just found it funny how much they eat up his every word and then he’s consistently wrong about the situation

4 Likes

It’s VPI

3 Likes

Haven’t seen this posted here. I remember thinking this dude was gonna be a beast at Stanford coming out of HS. Hasn’t really panned out for him through two years though.

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1638262191857061906?s=20

2 Likes

I cannot believe Stanford hasn’t hired Mark Madsen.

1 Like

I’ve seen a few familiar names like that in the portal today. Quincy Allen at Colorado. He redshirted with an injury and never got on track. Joe Bamasile is on the move again from Oklahoma. And Maceo Austin is transferring from Duquesne. He had a UVA offer at one time. Injury prone career, hasn’t played in 2 seasons.

Edit: Another one. He might be following his coach though.

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1639016166445436928

2 Likes

Half my twitter timeline today is DMV kids boasting their Providence offer LOL. English works fast. Wonder if he’s zooming with all these kids or just texting them “Here take your offer”

5 Likes

Aidan Igiehon is another one. Transferring from Grand Canyon after minimal playing time.

4 Likes

Bamisile going to his 4th college in as many years after going to 3 different high schools

5 Likes

Blast from the past! I thought that guy was gonna be good, but honestly it was probably partially because he looked like a bodybuilder as a high schooler.

3 Likes

Yeah he was a physical specimen. And I mean to be fair a lot of people thought he was gonna be good, he was a 5 star at one point on 247 and had offers from a ton of P5 schools including us.

2 Likes

Probably has the same problem I have - biceps and shoulders too big to shoot straight. a real curse

9 Likes

Tell me about it

1 Like

we gave him a brief look at the beginning of last spring. And then in the summer he got postered by Blake Buchanan.

Pretty sure his dad is an NBA GM or executive for a team.

https://twitter.com/BrewsterHoops/status/1639075238297124890

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TravisBranham_/status/1639077846508249089

4 Likes