Outside UVa Recruiting

The Brotherhood… on the moon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSDK2HiMPye/?utm_medium=copy_link

4 Likes

I was looking at all the other ACC schools and there are very few verbal commitments out there right now.

Does this guy come with his own mini me or has Tipton just revealed his next awesomely irrelevant theme?

5 Likes

I see it like… he’s walking on earth… AND he is on the moon… with all the other 2022 commits… to start the NCAA moon division.

Im curious to see How VT’s class ends up. They’ve offered five hundred kids seemingly but brought in Mike Jones to help reel in the Dematha guys. So far Ward went to Xavier so that’s a big miss but they have a CB for Rice who is also being given the full court press by Louisville. Both teams think they’re in great shape. They also are in Nickel’s top 5 class.

They strike out on those two and things could be looking pretty grim. Can’t rely on subpar recruiting and Wofford transfers but for so long

2 Likes

From what my amateur eyes can see… I think they get one of Rice or Nickel. Not sure they are postured well for anyone else to be honest.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR-KPFVtQp8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I think Young is a decent coach but he’s still going to have to snag good recruits to succeed in the ACC. I think he develops players and schemes well enough to beat the bottom half teams consistently and occasionally upset upper level ACC teams. But if he wants to break through he has to up the overall level of talent and athleticism of his roster to beat the more athletically talented teams (Duke, UNC, Louisville, FSU, typically us). He was able to avoid a lot of those teams last year because of Covid and it covered up Techs flaws

2 Likes

Curious, whenever I see Notre Dame and a DeMatha player mentioned in the same breath, I almost assume he’s going to end up in South Bend. Among other things, if he can handle ND’s academics, why would he settle for Louisville? Of course, I know absolutely less than nothing about this recruitment.

Or he could break through with transfers like Leach did at TT.

1 Like

Unless I am missing it… no moon in this commit edit from Tipton… he must have read LRA and got self conscious…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSxCXy0pX2t/?utm_medium=copy_link

3 Likes

I dunno . . . . the basketball looks kinda like a moon to me. Basketmoon? Moonball?

5 Likes

I mean we cant be the only ones who noticed…

1 Like

This site is orange and blue tinged… so all comments must follow a Wahoo-centric universe. :wink:

2 Likes

VT received a second CB for Rodney Rice yesterday… yes it is the VT 247 mod, but it is a level 7 confidence…

Louisville fans seem pretty devastated on possibly losing out on a recruit they prioritized to the hokies, regardless of the Dematha coach at VT connection.

NC State picking up multiple ones for De’Ante Green over the past few days as well…

This one is an interesting one to Duke today also…

That VT mod has no idea. Not saying they don’t lead but he’s just trying to get tech fans excited. Did the same thing with Tyrell Ward based solely on them getting a visit too.

What I don’t like is them getting Nickel and Rice on that same weekend. Why anyone would want to play in Blacksburg is beyond me but those two would be good pickups for them

I think it’s supposed to be a football weekend too. Say what you will about VT (and there’s both a lot and little to say) but they know how to tailgate on Center Street

2 Likes

Sort of relevant since we have people reminiscing. Wonder if he ends up at ODU with the Jones/Stith connection. Hokies seem all in on Rodney Rice so no surprise they didn’t push here.

1 Like

Really? NIL and not the fact that your coach is 77 and about to retire?

1 Like