Outside UVa Recruiting

If you do that, I’m going to start making up words! Stick that brucknoller where the sun don’t ematicates! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nijel Pack to Miami official

1 Like
6 Likes

Sorry if this makes me sound old, but this isn’t college basketball anymore.

16 Likes

This was always happening. All that has changed is that its been made public. Kids have been getting 6 figures and cars/jewelry forever. This has always been an aspect of college basketball.

5 Likes

“LifeWallet powered by MSP Recovery, LLC was developed to put patients at the center of the healthcare ecosystem by giving them access to their health information when they need it most and by connecting them seamlessly with providers and payers.”

Why would it help them to have a college basketball player shilling for them? Mostly asking rhetorically.

5 Likes

Well put

I mean, in some ways, but in other ways, no. No player was getting $400,000 a year. Yes, maybe tens of thousands here and there, jewelry, place for the family to live, etc., but this is a different magnitude. And when it comes to the effect money has on a person’s decision making, magnitude does actually matter.

This is probably best for the NIL thread, but the issue right now isn’t that players are getting paid, it’s that the whole system is basically anarchy. In pro sports, collective bargaining, contracts, and the fact that for most players the majority of their money comes from the teams themselves and not endorsements, creates stability. Imagine if the whole NBA were one-year deals where players made more money from ads than teams - it’d be a shitshow. That’s essentially what we’ve created in college basketball - the complete wild west.

I’m pro getting players paid, but there has to be some form of structure. What Miami just did is also just a complete and flagrant flouting of the barely existent rules about NIL not being used to induce players to go to a specific school. No market or system can operate efficiently and fairly if there are no enforceable rules and regulations. That’s when corruption and bad actors just take over the whole thing.

5 Likes

this is it yes.

Zion’s family got a temporary mansion (some argue on loans leveraged against his earnings potential) and nike duffel bags.

1 Like

The question is: does the ncaa want to litigate back up to see if they can get an antitrust carve out or do they just sit on their hands and collect their pay checks for a few years and see if the whole thing explodes? Lobbying and litigating is very expensive, especially in sports antitrust where you not only need teams of lawyers but of economists too

2 Likes

This dude ain’t Zion. This shit is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Sounds like he gone.

3 Likes

If he went to class he could have enjoyed those free outback steakhouse steaks for another year.

5 Likes

Top 3 of VT Georgetown and LSU. The decision date announced after his VT visit. Gonna be real F&%$ing annoying if he goes to VT. No way to downplay its a huge pick up. And if they get Efton Reid too thats big momentum for them. (idc about Efton being a Hoo lol, moreso just recruiting momentum for them. If we play BVP at the 5 Efton wont be on the floor for them)

4 Likes

He’s going to Georgetown

4 Likes

I hope. Someone else mentioned Georgetown hired his Xavier recruiter. And Georgetown is hitting it hard with paying players to get a roster that not even Ewing could screw up. Already got Brandon Murray

Georgetown getting Tyrell and Efton doesnt matter.

2 Likes

Yeah Georgetown hired Jordan brooks, he’s definitely following him there. Tech will probably get Efton which I hope they do so that we can beat him and mama bear has to watch

6 Likes

Oh are we playing Georgetown next season?

Nice finish there

Edited, I was referring to tech. But if Georgetown is paying then efton may go there cause I know that’s all that matters to mama bear

1 Like